Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loyola Law School  (Read 16424 times)

jfbruin

Loyola Law School
« on: May 03, 2004, 04:25:56 PM »
Anyone decided on Loyola yet?  If you're going- represent!

jamie_va

Re: Loyola Law School
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 04:32:19 PM »
Yep, I'll be there.  Do you already live in LA?

jfbruin

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 04:45:36 PM »
Not exactly.  I live in Fullerton (OC) and I'm going to take the train everyday.  What about you?

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 04:52:22 PM »
I am 99.9% sure that I am going. I live in EL Segundo right now but I want to move, maybe to the Marina

jamie_va

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 05:58:53 PM »
I'm on the east coast (VA). i'll be heading out in late June to look for a place and then moving at the beginning of August.  if anybody has any suggestions of places to live, please share. 
how long is the commute from fullerton?

jfbruin

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 06:16:24 PM »
Most of my friends that went to Loyola lived in Manhattan Beach or on the west side (Santa Monica, Brentwood, Westwood, West L.A., etc.).  Rent isn't cheap there but they are both fun places to live, near the beach, and filled with young people.  I chose Fullerton because I'm from OC and the commute is only 25 min. by train from the downtown train station.  The commute is about the same from the other locations I mentioned but can be much worse during heavy traffic.  Personally, I'd like to stay away from my old UCLA buddies and all the distractions they would bring.  Otherwise, West L.A. is a nice place to live if you can afford it.  I've also heard of people commuting from Glendale or the valley, both by train and by car.

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 06:30:12 PM »
i would definitely try to live west of the 405.

check out playa del rey, its relatively cheap compared to most beach cities, and it is right by Loyola's undergrad if you wanted to use the gym, the UG library, the health services, or anything else.

the commute from the 105 to the 110 is realtively swift if there is no traffic.

manhattan beach is nice and i might consider living there but besides being expensive, it is very hard to get to, there is only one two lane road that goes in and out, and at the wrong times traffic can be horrendous

jamie_va

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 08:10:49 PM »
Thanks for all the info.  I've been doing some preliminary internet searches, focusing mainly on West L.A.  Some people have suggested Pasadena.  Any thoughts on that?  It doesn't seem that much cheaper, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.  My biggest concern is safety.  I'm female and I have a dog that I will have to walk at night so I want to be in a safe neighborhood, which is also why I've been focusing on West L.A. 
I hadn't thought about Playa del Ray, but I'll definitely check that out too. 
Are you guys going to the Spring Reception?  I can't afford that trip plus an apartment search trip so I'll be skipping it.  If you go, let me know how it is and if I missed anything exciting?  :)

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2004, 03:26:07 PM »
its official, I am definitely going to LLS got my USC rejection last week

I wouldn't want to live in Pasadena but it might be a little bit cheaper.  I suggest west of the 405

NY

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2004, 01:29:48 PM »
im also definitely going to lls and cant afford the spring reception trip either.  although, i left my info with the info dept at loyola for their roomie apt search.  hopefully i can find a roomie and save money.  otherwise, my la friends have been steering me towards ktown or hancock park as places to live. 

i ilke santa monica and westwood, but i hear theyre expensive.