Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Loyola Law School  (Read 17215 times)

LA LAW

Re: Loyola Law School
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2004, 02:49:42 PM »
I'm attending!...the evening program.
Anyone gpoing PT?

phdgirl

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2004, 06:01:09 PM »
I'm also going to Loyola

As for recommendations on where to live, you'll be safe anywhere in the valley south of the 101, Pasadena or South Pasadena, most of the Westside/Santa Monica,  South Bay (Manhattan/Redondo/Hermosa).  Hollywood and Hancock Park can be good, but there is a lot of sketchiness very close by.  My husband is a cop, and he said he wouldn't live anywhere between the westside and downtown, but then again, he only deals with the worst case scenarios, and there are a lot of pockeets that are nice.  The problem is that these nice pockets can be a block away from not-so-nice areas.

While I'm married and live in the West Valley, if I was a single gal moving to LA, I'd probably focus on West LA/Santa Monica (I lived in Westwood for 4 years and SantaMonica for about 6 and loved it) , Sherman Oaks/Studio City, and Pasadena.  Good nightlife, lots of young singles and fun.  If you are up for a REALLY long drive, the South Bay is also awesome, but the distractions could possibly be a little too much ;)

Anyway, see you all in August :)

loyola bound

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2004, 06:07:57 PM »
Hey all - Check out Silver Lake and Los Feliz -- these are very cool neighborhoods that are relatively close to campus.  They're also very pedestrian-friendly -- you can actually walk to stores, restaurants, etc.!

Check out westsiderentals.com for apartment hunting.  It cost $60, but has loads of listings.

headmachine

• Sr. Citizen
  • new
    • AOL Instant Messenger - edhouse616
    • View Profile
    • my life
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004, 08:38:56 PM »
im 99.9 going...

decided today im living in pasadena with a few of my friends. there maybe a potential opening in a nice neighborhood really close to the 110. 5 bed and 5 bath...let me know if anyone is interested...or desperate i guess

and im not weird...i just do weird things.

:-*
ROAR for LLS 2005
*SLY*

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 07:46:59 PM »
living with 5 people might be kind of hectic don't you think.  I am planning on living by myself, hopefully in manhattan, playa, or the marina

headmachine

• Sr. Citizen
  • new
    • View Profile
    • my life
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 02:30:46 PM »
so do any future loyolans use this board nemore? sigh

ive been trying to search for a board of current/future students but its prolly through the intranet im assuming...hope everyones doin kewl at least.

:-*
ROAR for LLS 2005
*SLY*

jamie_va

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2004, 04:11:56 PM »
I think we'll probably hear more from LLS once the deposits are all in.  I know some schools set up groups (like through Yahoo) once the class is established.  hopefully, Loyola will do something like that.

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004, 05:12:08 PM »
i sent in my deposit check on tuesday, I called them this morning, and they still haven't received.

With monday being a holiday, i am going to have to call them tuesday morning, and if tehy still haven't received, drive downtown and hand deliver it to them

jamie_va

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 05:25:57 PM »
I didn't want to take any chances since my check is coming from VA - I sent it through UPS at work.  They got it today - so I'm all set.

headmachine

• Sr. Citizen
  • new
    • View Profile
    • my life
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2004, 03:55:48 PM »
they cashed my check pretty quickly, as i sidenote because i didnt really notice it before, loyola jumped 10 spaces in the usnews rankings for all of u guys that believe in all that mumbojumbo and brooklyn and usd (my other top choices) dropped to 67 - basically flipping the rankings from last year..isnt that nice to know?

hopefully its still on the way up to inject even more sucessful alumn so i can use them...  8)
ROAR for LLS 2005
*SLY*