Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gonzaga 1L  (Read 14542 times)

hcnate

• B.S. Management, Purdue University - Gonzaga Law
    • View Profile
    • Email
Gonzaga 1L
« on: May 03, 2004, 03:54:40 PM »
Anyone else going to be heading to Spokane this coming fall?

lstudent

Re: Gonzaga 1L
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 06:38:07 PM »
I applied to Gonzaga as a safety school, to balance out all the reach schools I had applied to, and I applied rather late in the process, but still before application deadline.

I received notice from Gonzaga last Friday that I had not been accepted outright, but if I so choose, could be placed on the waitlist.  I withdrew my application immediately.

I was accepted at Univ of Oregon and plan to go.  My stats are 155 LSAT and 3.82 GPA (magna cum laude), and some pretty good work experience in a legal context.  I thought I would be an automatic admit to Gonzaga.  When I was not, I had a difficult time reconciling this, but I do understand I applied very late in the process, and do not plan on going to Gonzaga, as I have decided on Oregon.

Best of luck with Gonzaga!

lstudent

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 07:01:07 PM »
btw, what were your stats HCNate?

hcnate

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 09:10:02 PM »
I had a 152/3.38.  Not the best LSAT score ever, but it basically got the job done.  I currently goto Purdue University, but I am definitely looking forward to moving back to the West Coast.

aryeal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 04:17:42 PM »
Anyone else going to be heading to Spokane this coming fall?

Actually, I'm there right now going through Summer Torts.  Are you already in class or are you waiting until just under a month from now?

hcnate

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 04:21:47 PM »
Thats funny, I'm actually in the Summer Torts class already!

aryeal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 04:23:47 PM »
Thats funny, I'm actually in the Summer Torts class already!

So do you think DeWolf is EVER going to cough up the mid term results?  I'm dying of suspense.  I crashed and burned on the mini because I was sick the first two weeks and did not prepare...at all.  I decided to wing it.  Bad move. But, it was only worth 10%.  I actually prepared for the mid term so I am DYING with the suspense.

hcnate

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 05:11:54 PM »
Haha, I think DeWolf will get them graded eventually.  I would imagine the wait will be two weeks.  I did fairly well on the first exam, but I obviously wanted to do better on the mid term.

My concern is getting all this material covered by the final.

anon

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 10:40:43 PM »
Hi!  Did you all also apply to Seattle U?  I was considering all three Washington State schools.  Does Gonzaga give out much money for good stats? do you know about job placement in Seattle?

aryeal

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2004, 10:49:19 PM »
Haha, I think DeWolf will get them graded eventually.  I would imagine the wait will be two weeks.  I did fairly well on the first exam, but I obviously wanted to do better on the mid term.

My concern is getting all this material covered by the final.

Yeah, I think the final is going to be mind-boggling.  I have to start outlining this weekend since the chapters are short and I think we are going to be cross-eyed in a few weeks.

I saw in his sample exams he uses multiple choice on his final.  This isn't much comfort because his DOS program with his multiple choice questions is a little tricky.