Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Exams Question  (Read 819 times)

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Law School Exams Question
« on: April 30, 2004, 09:39:15 PM »
I'm currently prelaw and have a question for any current law students....

How are exams administered at your law school?

Are they all blue book for the most part?

Are you allowed to type the thing up on your laptop and print it or e-mail it to your instructor?

Do most instructors allow students to use notes and outlines, and if so, are you allowed to use documents on your laptop or just on paper?

Sorry, I know that is a bunch of questions, although they all pretty much pertain to exams...

I'm mostly curious because I have and have always have had terrible handwriting no matter how hard I try to write legibly, and I have had my sloppiness count against once or twice in undergrad...just wondering what I can expect in law school

Thanks

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law School Exams Question
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 09:04:30 AM »
What?

50 views and not one reply? :-[

I thought this was a pretty straight forward question :-\

Can someone, anyone, pleeeeeeeeeeease answer??? :)

It would be much appreciated ;D

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 10:09:59 AM »
My exams for first year have all been combination essay and multiple choice.  I have not been allowed to use any form of notes, outlines, etc.  I have had to know the answers without any aid during the exam.

My school has not gotten on board with the laptops for exams.  I know other schools do that and use software that lockouts other info on your laptop.

My Legal Reasoning and Writing exam was a 90 minute MPT (Multi-state Performance Test) question. 

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 03:26:41 PM »
My exams for first year have all been combination essay and multiple choice.  I have not been allowed to use any form of notes, outlines, etc.  I have had to know the answers without any aid during the exam.

My school has not gotten on board with the laptops for exams.  I know other schools do that and use software that lockouts other info on your laptop.

My Legal Reasoning and Writing exam was a 90 minute MPT (Multi-state Performance Test? question. 

What law school do you attend?

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 03:36:15 PM »
I attend Birmingham School of Law.

I should qualify my laptop statement by saying that, some students , but few, do use them.  The problem is access to printers and we do not have wireless in the building so e-mailing an exam would be difficult.