School Specific Boards > Wayne State

Anyone here go to Wayne or planning on going?

(1/2) > >>

John:
I will be applying to Wayne State This year and would like to know what any current students think about it

G:
I'm going this fall for law.  So far, I have found that it is very disorganized.

1.  I received an e-mail saying I needed to fill out my Financial forms but when I called the office, they said it was a mistake and had been sent to all law applicants.  They never sent an additional e-mail saying to disregard the mess up.

2.  I didn't receive my e-mail and password (you receive an account upon application) and therefore, had to call technical support. 

3.  The technical support for the e-mail at Wayne said that they showed my status as a "student" and not as an applicant and that I must have just got accepted and haven't received my letter....turns out he was wrong and I was still on the wait list.

4.  I received a phone call from the admissions office saying I need to call back to confirm my seat.  They said they had sent me an e-mail to my Wayne e-mail account but got no response.  I checked my e-mail and had never received that message.

5.  I was told that I could would be assigned by the school to a class section and writing section and that I could only pick my class section if I put in a request by e-mail.  Turns out that I was able to pick my class section when registering.

Everything is so confusing and information on different pages of their website conflict with others within the site.  I couldn't get into U of M, so I was stuck with Wayne since I wanted to go to a Tier 1 school and the tuition is relatively low.

Mathieas:
The admissions program is not very good.
I was accepted at three schools, including
Wayne.  The other schools were vastly more
helpful.  Hopefully, next years 1ls won't
have the same issue, new Dean new SBG program, etc.

barchk:
Anyone here have Moran for Criminal last year?

eeyore:
Wayne's got good instructors, a wide variety of courses and clinical programs, and it's really really cheap.

there's a one-l running a weblog about the school, might be useful or interstig to check out

http://home.comcast.net/~mcvthree/main.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version