Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

How much is the new law school ranking going to influence your decision on which law school to attend

Very much so.  I believe everything I read and therefore will make USNews my bible.
 1 (5.6%)
I will probably will choose my school based upon which is highest rank
 7 (38.9%)
I'm not sure.  I dont know.  These questions are too hard!!
 1 (5.6%)
Probably not much.  USNews is just another corporate monster feeding off the vulnerability of others
 5 (27.8%)
Not at all.  I will make my decisions based on other factors, such as who gives me the most money.  Show me the money!
 3 (16.7%)
USNews?  What's USNews?
 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: A Horror Story not for the Faint of Heart....!  (Read 1156 times)

buggirl92002

• View Profile
    • Email
A Horror Story not for the Faint of Heart....!
« on: April 28, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »
Picture this: You're taking Corporations taught by a Socratic Nazi. He's funny but brutal. With nearly 100 students in the class, you reasonably expect to be called on between once and three times during the semester. The professor jumps around the list of names all semester and consistently calls on new people every class, never calling on the same student within a three-week period. Enter yourself. You have briefed every case thoroughly all semester, diligently typing neat little outlines to bring to class. During the second-to-last class, Socrates calls on you and you shakily but decently rise to the occasion, briefing your case without too much trouble. Whew! "This is great," you think, "I won't even have to brief the cases for the last class since he would *never* call on me two classes in a row." Last class arrives and you lounge contentedly safe in your chair. Directly after the break, Mr. Nazi introduces the last case of the Semester. Suddenly you hear your name being called. At first you don't understand... "Why would he be saying my na... oh my G*d! this cannot be happening," you think, mentally returning to the place on the syllabus that indicates you'll lose 1/2 a letter grade if called on and you're unprepared. You turn what must have been a shade of red that would rival a fire-truck and start READING the case from the book. Your hands shake as you turn the page. The Socra-Nazi asks a question in what must be an obsolete tribal language once spoken in the Archipelagos... You barely escape a heart attack as you somehow finish the most humiliating 7 minutes of your life.... Yeah. Happened to yours truly. I suffered for all of you. Feel free to forward all sympathy and be glad you weren't me for the worst 7 minutes ever! :-) :o

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: A Horror Story not for the Faint of Heart....!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2004, 11:09:26 AM »
no offense to your obviously traumatizing situation? but being a science major and all garners the same kind of 'you have to be on the ball' attitude from the teachers...and they don't sound as 'nice' as your ls prof did. so i'm sorry to say that i can't send the sympathies your way. if you think about it, if it wasn't for us science majors (bio, chem, phys, engineering) 'suffering' as well? we wouldn't have a lotta the things we have today. so although i know and understand and beyond appreciate what happened to you (trust me!), look at it this way...at least you don't go thru this every day in class! :)

and if you've ever taken organic chem or organometallics? i'd be willing to bet that your class is somewhat easier. lol ;)

buggirl92002

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2004, 11:21:05 AM »
Thanks for your response to my "traumatic" experience...he...he... It really wasn't so bad; I just wrote it for a laugh. Actually, I majored in Physical Anthropology in undergrad and suffered through organic chem and bio with the best of 'em. I agree, sciences are challenging but law school is demanding in a different way. You're right though, if we were all losers like I was during that class, I dare say we'd still be dwelling in caves, repeating phrases like "ugga bugga," and dining on leaf sandwiches or something. Hey, maybe that wouldn't be so bad...;-)

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 11:26:26 AM »
lol...you know? that doesn't sound bad at all. lol!!

i guess it just boils down to who teaches what and can make it understandable and interesting for ya. :)

*thanks dr. rose. ;) *