;

Poll

which school should i go to?????

hastings
 5 (55.6%)
boston university
 4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: True Horror Story  (Read 37814 times)

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: True Horror Story
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 02:13:01 PM »
Um ... most of my professors have told us that if once or twice we are unprepared just to tell them right before class and they won't call on us.  Maybe we have nice professors?  Although, I'm sure it doesn't look *good* to do that.

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2007, 10:30:51 PM »
I am friendly with a girl in my section who always gets called on in our PR class. Neither she nor I have any idea why the professor calls her name so consistently-- once every 3 classes, she's on for at least 5 minutes. Not too bad, but there are 90 people in the class! It's become a joke. I don't know if the prof realizes it (maybe he thinks she's cute? LOL).

Last week, she endured being called on in PR (as usual!), and then an hour later in Contracts, lightening struck again. The professor went on the rampage after the first person on the list wasn't prepared. He called on someone else, and then someone else and then on her, and then went off on her when she didn't give him the answer he was looking for. Poor girl.
Vanderbilt 2010

jd4me2010

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2007, 07:38:41 PM »
IMO it is far better to voluteer to answer a question that to be put on the spot. Who wants to go through that torture? I noticed my first semester that profs check off names as people volunteer or are called on. Why not take advantage of that? If I'm sitting in class and have something to contribute, I raise my hand. I'm no gunner, but I don't like to be put on the spot either.