Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Wait lists at GMU  (Read 8122 times)

tlgwat

Wait lists at GMU
« on: April 25, 2004, 08:06:09 PM »
Just wondering if anyone knows:

1.  About how many people are waitlisted each year here.
2.  How many waitlisted spots are offered eventual admission (on average).

Thanks.

GMULAW

• View Profile
Re: Wait lists at GMU
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2004, 10:38:08 PM »
I am currently a 1L at GMU. There are several people on this board who have gotten off the wait list, so you might want to talk to them. I think there are about 30 that will ultimately get admission, but this all depends on pecking order and other factors. I know a few people who got off the waitlist that are 1L's now. Also, I know reapplying can up your chances of admission. I love GMU, so I definetly encourage you to come there!

Also, try giving the admin office a call. GMU is VERY responsive to student concerns, so they will probably give you the information they want. Also, check the prospective students board at www.law.gmu.edu

Hope this helps!
I will choose a path that's free, I will choose free will

george

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2004, 11:00:05 PM »
I just got off the WL at GMU, I'd guess that they let in about 30-50 people last week(from what Ive gathered), about a week after the deposit was due. I checked on lawschoolnumbers.co(see George Mason - WL,accepted) and it seems that just about all the people they just let in off the waitlist  were high lsat/low gpa types (myself included), probably because they wanted to bring up their lsat #'s.

CoffeeAddict

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2004, 11:54:59 PM »
I got accepted off GMU's waitlist last week.  I went to GMU's open house and a bunch of students at the open house had also gotten off the waitlist as well.

joeya103

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 03:25:14 PM »
I also got off the wait list and fall under that high lsat/low gpa category.  I was also at the open house, so I probably saw you there =P  I got a good impression of the school and am DEFINITELY going there.  Everyone seemed to have positive things to say about the school, and it definitely didn't feel as uptight as some of those "schools across the river".  Haha

current GMU 1L

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2004, 10:28:40 PM »
I am a 1L at GMU, and I was wait-listed during the admissions process.  Although admissions at GMU is highly competitive, the Law School does accept waitlisted applicants.  I showed a genuine interest in the Law School, and I think that helped convince the admissions staff that I GMU was my first choice.  My advice is, send any waitlist cards back immediately, consider sending in supp. information, which would help your case (an update letter, or new grades, etc.).

If you have specific questions and would like to hear from a current law student, feel free to e-mail me (distefa4@yahoo.com

Good luck!

GMULAW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2004, 10:35:26 PM »
Mr. Distefano.....

This is Prof. Kontorovich. Shouldn't you be studying for my wonderful civ pro exam on Monday instead of wasting time of a message board. I am currently trying to figure out the best way to get Ms. Noel to marry me.....

Hey Mr. D....its Ms. Haddow wasting just as much time as you on this board!
I will choose a path that's free, I will choose free will

CoffeeAddict

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 12:03:34 AM »
Skippy,

Yeah I am definitely going as well.  Are you doing full time or part time?

TechTransfer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 12:11:37 PM »
I am a GMU applicant with a low GPA/ good LSAT score as well.  Is it possible to get some stats from the 1L or 2Ls that said they were accepted off the waitlist.  If only for some application solace?  I have experience in I.P. licensing and went to a strong undergrad engineering program, I'm hoping that will help me at my top choice - George Mason.  Thanks.

CoffeeAddict

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2005, 11:32:05 PM »
I can give you my stats if you would like.  Did you end up getting in?