Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone going to Suffolk?  (Read 5913 times)

marista99

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone going to Suffolk?
« on: April 19, 2004, 02:43:59 PM »
Anyone else out there starting Suffolk this fall??

tmj

Re: Anyone going to Suffolk?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 06:48:23 PM »
hey! i'm strongly strongly considering it . . . i would love to hear anything you have to say about the school . . . .

marista99

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 04:03:52 PM »
There were several things that made me pick it.  First, I am from  Boston and I love the city.  It's such an intellectual center, and such a great place to be a student.  Second, they have a good rep with Boston lawyers; not as good as BU or BC, but certainly decent. I may try to transfer to BU or BC, but if I stay at Suffolk I'm confident I'll get a good job from there.  Third, their building is newly renovated and gorgeious, and right in the center of downtown Boston next to the Common.  Location just doesn't get any better than that.
Let me know if you have any questions!

tmj

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 09:43:37 AM »
i'm happy to hear about your opinion RE their rep. with boston firms. i too am considering the transfer route there in a year, but the admissions office has been so prompt in their correspondence and the JD/MSF program that i have been exploring is so attractive that i can't help but think i'd be happy staying at suffolk. my main objectives now in the next couple months are locating residency and shoring up my financial situation within the boston area.

tmj

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2004, 03:18:51 PM »
hey marista -

any good advice for my search of housing around suffolk?

thanks

Brian Smith

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 03:47:27 PM »
I'll be there in the Fall.

I have been living in Boston since '95 and a recent reject from the technology industry.

My wife started at Suffolk in the evening program last year. When I decided to apply to law schools, I only applied to Suffolk and BU. I deceided to go to Suffolk so I could spend some time with my wife.

As for housing in the area, Suffolk has an off-campus housing office that you can talk to. They can even match you up with other law students if you so desire.

See you in the fall.

Brian

Rmp1030

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rmp1030
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 08:37:57 PM »
I am!! Anyone interested in talking?? Let me know.

RRobs15

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 01:20:31 PM »
I'm in too. Looking foward to it. Day or night school? Where are you guys from?

bdc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 02:23:21 PM »
RRpbs15,

the above posts are from a year ago.  A post should be started for us new people.