Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does it go in your "file" if you TOUR a potential school?  (Read 1109 times)

ParalegalGiirl

• View Profile
    • Email
Does it go in your "file" if you TOUR a potential school?
« on: April 16, 2004, 10:43:44 AM »
I was wondering your thoughts on this.  I have taken tours at UF and Stetson and sat in on a class at Stetson as well.  I was wondering if you thought it would help my chances of admission at these schools?  Do they somehow note this on your application or file?

I did send a nice follow up email to Stetson to thank them.  I'm working on UF's now since I just got back yesterday.

malegal

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Does it go in your "file" if you TOUR a potential school?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2004, 09:38:08 AM »
hope for the best
prepare for the worst

Adrian

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 04:01:27 AM »
How is UF? Campus, reputation, people, etc.?

I got accepted and it is highly likely I will be attending this upcoming fall.

vyper80

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2004, 10:53:51 PM »
I am a current 1L, and although I don't have specific info on UF or Stet., I can tell you that I was accepted off of 2 waitlists, and both schools knew that I was genuinely interested in attending their institutions.  I visited both places and often sent letters expressing interest, etc.  I believe it only helped my case.  If you're borderline, show that you're serious about attending that particular school.  Don't be discouraged by rejections or waitlists.  If you would like to info or advice from a current law student, feel free to email me (distefa4@yahoo.com)

best of luck in the admissions process!!

TheJesus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2004, 09:08:34 AM »
vyper,

When you say that you sent letters expressing interest, did you do this before you ever applied, or was it after you were waitlisted, or both?

:)

ParalegalGiirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2004, 11:28:37 AM »
Adrian - UF was ok.  The students seemed nice.  The renovations are badly needed though.  They are doing major construction and hopefully after it will bring the school up to par.  The facilities really suck.  Stetson has a MUCH better school as far as that goes.  UF doesn't even have plug-ins for laptops in all classrooms, most classrooms are old and in need of repair.  But its the "best" school in Florida, so if I get in - I'm going.

Vyper - Thanks for the info.  My file in under review at both schools.  No acceptances or WL's yet but thankfully no rejections either.  I have toured each and sent follow up thank you/continuing interest letters.  I HATE this friggen waiting period but I guess I should just hold my horses now and not send anything until I get a decision.  ???