Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Attending Cooley  (Read 15574 times)

Lynette

Attending Cooley
« on: April 11, 2004, 01:22:29 PM »
Does anyone plan on attending Cooley????

buddha

Re: Attending Cooley
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 09:00:11 AM »
Lynette I may there this fall.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 03:49:35 PM »
i was looking into them and have talked to an admissions rep about it. can i ask why you guys are looking at cooley also? thanks! :)

Lynette

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 07:00:15 PM »
Well, I will be attnding with a 50% scholarship so therefore I will only be in debt for 34k total, after graduation.Some law students pay 34k a year. I am a minority and will be comfortable in the school being that 35% are minorities. Lansing, M.I. has a low cost of living, the most you will pay for an apartment will be 500 monthly. Car Ins. is also low. Although, I still have two pending appl. I will most likely be attending Cooley. I do not believe that their reputation will jeopardize my future being that I will be a lawyer like everyone else. I plan on attending their three year, year round program. I also just feel that this is the best school for me personally.

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 08:18:23 PM »
I attended Cooley. Ask away! I'll try to give you what ever information I can.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2004, 02:03:21 AM »
so then i can gather that what drew you ther was the scholarship offer and environmental factors and the 'speed' of the program? do they have the kind of 'tracks' you'd like to go down? i'm just trying to get a better idea, lynette. thanks so much! :)

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 02:08:06 AM »
yay! a student there!! ;D ;D

well, here goes, lawgirl! ;D what's the school environment like? is it friendly? are the students okay? is it ultra competitive there? how accessible are the profs REALLY? how have you gotten by financially there? do you interact w/students from DCL at all by chance (they're in the same city, correct)? what's lansing really like? is it a lively place? a dull place? what kind of teaching style do most of the profs use? do many students transfer? do many transfer in? what do students feel is the best thing about cooley? why did you decide to go there?

sorry there are so many questions, but i might be applying there after i take my lsat in june so i'm trying to gather as much info as i can. i'm in az and it's quite hard to jump a flight there. lol

thanks so much!! ;D
aj

IVYLAW

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 02:35:42 AM »
More importantly, can you get a freaking job out of COOOOOOOOLLLLLEYYYYYY... probably not.

Evan Hanson

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2004, 08:48:40 AM »
ajl, I chose Cooley for their weekend program.  For personal and professional reasons I can't leave Atlanta so I'll be making the 800-mile commute.  Oh, and the 75% honors scholarship didn't hurt either. Ivylaw, I'm not too worried about getting a job since what I really want to do is go into private practice.  But if I needed to find work at a firm I'm betting that a degree Cooley will serve me as well as any number of small out of state schools.

lawgirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2004, 11:26:22 AM »