Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A Little Advice!  (Read 2549 times)

Garrett

A Little Advice!
« on: April 09, 2004, 01:00:55 AM »
Hi all, I'm looking for a little advice!

I have been accepted into three law schools.  Case Western, U. of Maryland, and Northeastern University.

I am from Boston, I will note that Northeastern doesn't have a good reputation for us locals.  (No offense to anyone.)  So it is probably between Case Western and Maryland.

Thoughts about the schools?  Which do you think is better?  Is there a handsdown better school or are they comparable?

Thanks.

EchPsu

Re: A Little Advice!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 11:22:19 PM »
Make sure you visit before you choose either school!!  Personally, I'm going to Maryland next year!!  They have a great reputation for Business Law and that's what I'm planning to study. 

Best way to choose is by figuring out what's important to YOU!  I like to feel comfortable... I also want a school with lots of opportunities to get involved, to get clinical experience, and intern/externships... Maryland is great for that - I don't know about CW...

Maybe I'll see ya in the Fall!!

~E

pmuff

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 09:25:39 AM »
Case Western is in the heart of little italy in cleveland, while Maryland is in the ghetto of baltimore.  If choosing on location alone, this is a no brainer.

pmuff

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 09:25:45 AM »
Case Western is in the heart of little italy in cleveland, while Maryland is in the ghetto of baltimore.  If choosing on location alone, this is a no brainer.

pmuff

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 09:26:01 AM »

pmuff

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 09:26:28 AM »

rdrag

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 09:10:34 PM »
I am a student at Maryland and I can't complain.  I have been very happy and impressed with most of my classes.  The campus is near a shady part of town but I wouldn't call it the ghetto.  THere are other grad schools around including the medical school and the dental school and it is within walking distance of the inner harbor.  I don't know anything about the other school you listed though.

jamesvicente

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 03:08:34 AM »
I believe in that case you can shift to LA, but the best solution would be for you to get settled with the things here because new place might be good but also can turn out to be more bad. If it turns out bad then you will have the fear in your mind forever. So its better to stick with what you have !!!

Nathaniel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • My heavy metal band's Myspace site
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 10:10:17 AM »
If you go to Northeastern, then how are you going to feel compared to Boston University and Boston College law students?  Inferior?  I got into BU law.
The University of Maine '07
USC Law Dropout '07

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 03:17:08 PM »
only sycophants and football players go bu.