Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: going to Duquesne  (Read 38826 times)

Robert

Re: going to Duquesne
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2004, 05:54:19 PM »
I just read that post, subsitute knock yourself out, instead of "know". Who ever said a college education was worth anything.

That aside we should all meet during orientation, put a face to these posts.

joshdelight

• AOL Instant Messenger - nipchee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2004, 12:59:14 AM »
The beautiful thing is: Macs can emulate PCs.  ROCK!  And they look cool too.  Not that I would show off or anything. Really.

Yes, let's meet up during orientation.  From what I understand, the incoming full-time class will be divided into two sections, A and B.  These sections will determine the order in which we take our mandatory first year classes.

LOL.... Joe Campion told me to read "To Kill A Mockingbird" and "Gideon's Trumpet." 
Wouldn't it be grand if our Department of Defense was not offensive?

joshdelight

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2004, 01:01:15 AM »
The beautiful thing is: Macs can emulate PCs.  ROCK!  And they look cool too.  Not that I would show off or anything. Really.

Yes, let's meet up during orientation.  From what I understand, the incoming full-time class will be divided into two sections, A and B.  These sections will determine the order in which we take our mandatory first year classes.

LOL.... Joe Campion told me to read "To Kill A Mockingbird" and "Gideon's Trumpet." 

Todd

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2004, 02:12:30 AM »
Nice folks,

You seem to have a great thing going here, I have tried to get the same at DePaul, but so far very few student's are interested.

Oh well guess I should've applied at Duquesne.

Robert

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2004, 09:49:14 AM »
Its interesting that we will only have two sections, from what I can figure most schools have closer to four sections. I guess thats one of the advantages of going to a smaller school.

Does anyone know if as a 1L we can try and work with the Biz journal and other like clubs or are these postions only for 2 and 3L's?

On a final note I just wanted to know if people planned on staying in pitt after law school or if they had a particular place they wanted to move to?

Personally I plan on staying in Pitt for a few years unless I get a better job offer out of state.

joshdelight

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 12:37:46 PM »
I don't know if I plan to stay in the Burgh.  I have been here for several years now, and on one hand, I know many of the ins-and-outs of living here.  On the other hand, I would LOVE to live and work in a much more progressive (read: liberal) state or country.  Warmer weather would be a major bonus, too. 

My experience here in the States is a little limited; I only really know about living in PA, in Florida, and in New England.  Florida would be a great place if it wasn't for the complete lack of intelligent culture.  New England kicks the llama's ass, but the weather sucks. PA has Pittsburgh on one side and Philly on the other, but Mississippi in between. (I hope that this isn't lost on my international friend ;) )

I know that organizations vary in the level that they allow 1L's to participate.  I think that some of this info is in the prospectus that was mailed to us.

joshdelight

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2004, 12:17:26 PM »
How far along are you all on your financial aid aquisition?  I received a huge envelope from AES (?) for my Stafford and Pell, but I've never dealt with financial aid before and have not yet determined if AES was sending me this material at the behest of Duquesne or independently.

Arf!

laurel131

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2004, 01:21:06 PM »
Yes, AES sent you that envelope (if it is the same one that I am thinking of) on behalf of Duquesne's financial aid dept. I got the same one about a month ago, and have since returned the enclosed forms (i think it is the note for the loan if I remember correctly and other info documents...). Once you return it, AES quickly confirms your loan amount, etc.

On the other topic, I am thinking about staying in Pittsburgh after graduation....since, it is obviously a better recruiting area for our school... and after some years, I might move...who knows! But from first impression, i really enjoy Pittsburgh and hope to for some time to come.

joshdelight

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2004, 01:48:48 PM »
OK! Thank god for your quick response!  I will fill out and return that package ASAP... one of my many 'to do' items for this weekend.

Robert

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2004, 06:30:00 PM »
Bastards won't let me apply for loans so I have to find money from outside of the states. I'm not even allowed to be given money by the school.

I am however in the middle of running around with forms to obtain my visa. Duquesne does not seem to have alot of international students and a little slow with things.