Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Denver anyone?  (Read 8067 times)

Pub Interest gal

Denver anyone?
« on: April 05, 2004, 11:32:25 AM »
Just wanted to get a feel for those of you headed to Denver?  I'm coming from DC and would love to see if anybody else out there is heading to Denver and why (and if, like myself, it has anything to do with the financial aid being offered). 

Marista99

Re: Denver anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 03:13:17 PM »
I am!  I'm still on the waitlist at BYU but sending in a deposit at Denver.  I'm from Boston.  They offered me a $10k scholarship so that is a big reason I picked them.  Have you visited?  What did you think of it? Glad I'm not the only person going from the east coast!

lawgirl

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 01:58:26 AM »
I am still waiting on their decision

tommy

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 11:35:08 AM »
I am still waiting on their decision
Me too.  I keep checking lawschoolnumbers and no one seems to have been accepted or updated their profile in weeks!

cjuva

New Roll Call for Denver
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 01:13:04 PM »
Now that so many people have had to make their decisions about where they will be heading in just a few weeks, I thought I would post again and see if I have any fellow posters headed to the Mile High City.

DULaw2006

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 12:56:12 PM »
I just finished my first year at DU, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

redned

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 02:09:25 PM »
Pub interest gal, wish I could say I would be joining you but found out that DU is not going to be going to their waitlist as they had a higher than usual acceptance rate.  I live in the area so if there is anything I can help you with let me know.  Would be glad to answer any questions you have.  Maybe I will see you next year as I am going to retake the LSAT (did horribly, but still waitlisted; go figure)

lazyluu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 04:10:48 PM »
Hi Pub. Interest Gal,

I will be in Denver by August 2, driving up from Houston, TX.  When will you arrive?

I am starting to get a little nervous.  Look forward to meeting you (long time lurker, first-time poster)!

and I have a million questions and thoughts, but need to filter out all the dumb ones, so I might attack you with a few of them DULaw2006.  Thanks!

DULaw2006

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 07:19:21 PM »
No problem, there are no dumb questions!

Pizle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2004, 12:38:05 AM »
Wow I am so glad I found this site.  I'm a little lost here and hopefully you kind folks can help me out a bit.  Here's the deal:  I'm from New York, presently on Long Island, and have spent my entire life in the greater NYC area.  I stayed local for college and have no real desire to spend another three years where I am.  I have been to Denver on a few occasions (each time loved it more and more) and am seriously considering attending, pending acceptance (3.57 GPA, proabably high 150's on the LSAT next week).  I have a few concerns with job oppotrunities following graduation, for although I have no plans on attending law school in NY, I can't rule out the idea of returning home to practice.  Does going to regional law school such as Denver basically lock me in to a career in the Denver area?  Marista, if you don't mind me asking, what are your general hopes for where you plan on practicing, seeing as you're an East Coaster like myself.  And DULaw, how did you find your experience at DU?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  This has become quite the process!

J.P.