Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Attending in the Fall  (Read 10012 times)

KenXC

Attending in the Fall
« on: April 05, 2004, 02:00:30 AM »
Has anyone else decided to attend to go to CWRU?  I did the two-in-one deposit plan and am locked in, so I wouldn't mind chatting with some future classmates... AOL IM is KenXC.

Jay

Re: Attending in the Fall
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 11:04:56 AM »
Hi KenXC,
I'm trying to decide between Case and Baylor.  Both offered money.  Baylor's got connections to specific places I want to go but emphasizes courtroom skill more than I care for.  Case has established programs in international, healthcare, and intellectual property law (all of which I'm interested in) but doesn't get me as close to my goals.  I'm thinking hard.

Isaac

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 01:36:33 AM »
I just sent my dep. in last wed.

iriverconvert

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 01:15:35 AM »
I'm going. Already have housing, so that's out of the way...
What's everyone thinking about financial aid? I was told to wait while
their "computer systems were updated."

Anyone hear any different?

Pizle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2004, 03:52:04 PM »
Would anyone care to share their feedback on Case Western thus far?  I am in the middle of the application process and am seriously considering the school.  Thanks in advance..

JP

Eegahh

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - ifnumber34@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 05:27:26 AM »
Would anyone care to share their feedback on Case Western thus far?  I am in the middle of the application process and am seriously considering the school.  Thanks in advance..

JP

I'm about 90% decided on Case, and unless (and possibly even if) W&M seems fit to take me from their waitlist, I'll be there in the fall.  I'm going out there to check it out and see if I can stand Cleveland next week, so I'll post my impressions when I get back.
Deposit down: Case Western
Waitlist....Ugh: W&M, Hastings (IN!!!! Whooo!)

nosaj

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 11:06:19 AM »
Hey everyone, i go to Case now.  I'm a 2L, kinda, doin the jd/mba so i'm in the 2nd year at least.  If ya'll have any questions let me know.

GoneGolfin'

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2005, 10:23:35 PM »
Hey Nosaj,

I will be attending Case this coming fall.  What do you think about the various regions for housing?  Cleve Heights, Shaker, Mayfield, The Warehouse District, Downtown, etc.  I am coming down to Cleveland this weekend and will drive around a bit more than I did on my last tour barring another blizzard.  Any feedback would be great.  Also, I want to be involved in a lot of extracurriculars.  How much is too much?  Right now I have it narrowed down to 6. 

puzzle245

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 02:19:25 AM »
Going to Case in the fall... and glad to have finally made a decision! 

Weird story though:  Deposits came due in early April, and I still hadn't heard about money, so I sent my deposit to another school.  Then last week one of the admissions guys called and said there was a mistake in my file and I actually have a significant scholarship!  This was my top choice, so I'm thrilled.

At the same time, should I worry that this is indicative of how the administration operates?

Despite all that, I look forward to seeing you in the fall!

mash1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 12:08:31 AM »
Hey I'm also attending Case in the fall. As far as housing is concerned I heard that Shaker Heights is really nice and about a 10 minute drive from the school. Most people live in University Height, which I think is in walking distance to the school. Also, Beachwood is a really nice area, within driving distance, and has really nice apartments which are more expensive.