Law School Discussion

moral conduct check

moral conduct check
« on: March 26, 2004, 09:30:14 PM »
Can anyone tell me if there is the possibility of 'airing ones dirty laundry' BEFORE the L2 background check to make sure that you havent wasted 100k for law school for nothing?

mwarrior

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: moral conduct check
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 01:28:18 AM »
Subscribing to the thread

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 04:03:24 PM »
You may do well to call the state bar and talk tp someone on the character and fitness committee.  You may get an official unofficial opinion. They can probabalt at least tell you what will rule you out 100%.   I would guess that if you are not disenfranchised you are not 100% out.

_____________________________ ________

visit  www.lawschoolafterdark.cm

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2004, 04:22:17 PM »
I did just that today, and the response was encouraging.  In California at least.

You cant apply for a moral character evaluation until you are in law school, but they will forgive some pretty heinous stuff, given that there has been enough time pass, that you have established that you have set your mistakes behind you, and that you are 'reformed'

As my early youthful indescretions were not criminal, but financial, traffic, and 'civil' responsibility mistakes, I feel a bit better about it.

Nonetheless I will be applying for my character investigation as an 1L, so that if I get dinged, ,I can reapply after 'fixing things' by the time Im a 3L.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2004, 06:29:15 PM »
I find it hard to believe that you would have any serious problems if you haven't had any criminal convictions. Still better would be if you haven't any civil judgements against you, either. If you haven't been through either, you probably don't have serious problems. Everything else will fade with time anyway, since most people mature over time, often in only a few years.