Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone Going?  (Read 5731 times)

mdcolson

• View Profile
    • Email
Anyone Going?
« on: March 16, 2004, 01:20:18 PM »
Is anyone accepted/planning on going to Quinnipiac in the Fall? Im 99% sure I'll be there - just wondering if anyone else has made up their mind yet?

MDColson

MikhailPrimakov

Re: Anyone Going?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 03:21:44 PM »
I am most likely going.  They've given me a good deal of money and with my wife now well esablished working at Yale, moving to Detroit and going to Wayne State is probably not practical.

Di you go to the admitted students open house?   

mdcolson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 08:10:09 AM »
I didn't go to the admitted students thing. I had been down there once before, and have seen the school. Which is very nice. On top of that my old college roommate is a 1L there now, and moving back in with him would save me a good deal of money. They offered me money too, although I am working with the dean to see if they can give me more. Not that I don't appreciate what they gave me, just that my old roommate (last year) had a LSAT of one point higher and a GPA of .1 lower than me, and got $5K more than me. I think we'll be able to work something out. What did I miss at the admitted students thing? Was it much more than a tour of the law center? Let me know!

Mark

MikhailPrimakov

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2004, 08:53:08 AM »
If you've visited before, you really didn' miss anything at the admitted students open house.  The prgram didn't differ all that much from the general open house I attended about a year ago. 

But on the whole Quinnipiac is quite nice.  I'm sure I won't have a problem with it once I get there.  A good friend of mine is a 3L an dfinishing up, she's had a pretty good time there.  She has had great things to say about the faculty.

Do you mind if I ask what course of action you've taken to negoitiate for more money.  They have been reasonably generous, but the tution keeps going up, and I'm not quite sure how to approach them in the polite, yet firm manner to convince them to open the wallet a bit more.

MikhailPrimakov

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 08:58:45 AM »
Just looked at that last post.  Awful typing - please excuse my lack of coordination.

mdcolson

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 10:19:33 PM »
I wouldnt mind chatting with you more, however I don't really check this board anymore. I emailed you last week at mpintoiii@yahoo.com. I'm not sure if you check it as now it seems there's a different address on the board. It seems that everyone on this board just gets everyone else all worked up and nervous about school. It's stressful enough, I don't need to get it from a million internet users as well. Shoot me an email at mark@mdcolson.com and I can explain how/what I said to the dean. Even though he told me this thursday that the scholarship committee couldnt give me any more money...

mark

scottxmacdougall

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2005, 10:48:10 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear back from the admissions office as to whether or not I'm be accepted; I'm currently on the waitlist. I hope I do. I love the area and I'm love the Center for Health Law and Policy. Hopefully they accept me off the waitlist

Becca106

• AOL Instant Messenger - Becca106
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2005, 04:47:01 PM »
Hi,

My name's Becca and I'm definitely going to Quinnipiac Law this fall.  Can't wait for it...

I'm looking forward to meeting the faculty. I hear they are first-rate, and am also excited about hiking up the trails on Sleeping Giant park.

The only problem is finding some housing...

Good Luck Everyone,
Becca
3.78/159
In: Quinnipiac (25k)
Out: GULC, GW, American (BOO!)
Waitlist: UConn
???: Wake Forest, Catholic