Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Review = Job?  (Read 3896 times)

Shoelace78

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Law Review = Job?
« on: March 06, 2004, 04:06:46 PM »
Rumor has it that some LR members haven't secured jobs for the summer or after graduation.  True or false?

sharks

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Law Review = Job?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2004, 12:24:05 PM »
It is true that some don't have jobs both most are either a) not interested in working in a big law firm and so will be applying to government, non-profit, and small law firm jobs this spring, or b) not interested in being lawyers.

And as with any other journal, the membership doesn't automatically get you anything -- you still have to interview well, not be an a-hole, and have good grades -- and LR doesn't necessarily mean you've got any of those things locked.

The Graduate

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2004, 10:58:45 AM »
I'd like to add that only 1 or 2 graduating BULR people do not have jobs and that was by choice.  If you are Law Review at BU, you're going to have your choice of several jobs...

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 09:40:59 PM »
I know this thread is old, but for the edification of future generations... B.U. L. Rev. will get you interviews with just about any law firm in the northeast, and many firms elsewhere. What you do with those interviews depends partly on personality, but I've known some pretty awkward Law Review types who still scored really good jobs- not necessarily their top choices, but good jobs nonetheless.