Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Professor Feedback...  (Read 802 times)

ReasonablePerson

• No, really I am reasonable.
    • View Profile
Professor Feedback...
« on: March 05, 2004, 02:53:04 PM »
Anyone hear of a website that compiles feedback on professors?  Specifically what type of exams they give and how they grade (what they like to see in an essay or where questions come from etc...)? 

I know some professors supply sample tests.  Unfortunately, I have this one professor (for two classes) that does not.  He used to teach at U of Wyoming School of Law.

Any comments would be appreciated.

joellimardo

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Professor Feedback...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 10:53:13 AM »
Typically, posting such information can lead to sticky situations in a college environment.  There is a thin line between offering 'helpful' infomation to prospective students of a particular course and improper communication that can:

1) Damage a professor's credibility (i.e. students beleive that they will not be graded fairly so they elect NOT to take the class)

2) Be perceived as giving out answers to examination questions

The great 'informal' method of getting this information is to socially-engineer it. Ask students who have taken the courses you are interested offline and ask the relevant questions you want.

ReasonablePerson

• No, really I am reasonable.
    • View Profile
Re: Professor Feedback...
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 08:04:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I don't know anyone that went to U of Wyoming and this is the profs first semester at my school...