Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: British Law Student wanting to apply to USA LLM program  (Read 2683 times)

ezgo3

• View Profile
    • Email
British Law Student wanting to apply to USA LLM program
« on: March 01, 2004, 08:28:49 PM »
I am an American (have a B.A. from University of Florida...go gators) getting my law degree in England. I am in a 2 year LLB program because of having an undergraduate degree got exempt from 1st year and was wondering what the chances are in getting into a NY LLM program without having any legal experience. Any foreign law graduates attend or have attended Touro, Hofstra, Albany, Cardozo LLM program? or any others? Any advice on the quality of these schools? Job prospects after finishing the LLM?

Maharishi

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: British Law Student wanting to apply to USA LLM program
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 05:35:36 PM »
I am a French student, and I am currently applying to an LLM myself.

Columbia and NYU are of course excellent, but very hard to get into. Fordham and Cardozo are very good choices. Those four schools pretty much "guarantee" you a good job when you get your degree (something like $100 000 a year).

I can't tell anything about the other ones.

You can take a look at www.auap.com.

Bye

George

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 10:56:08 AM »
Youn can also check out http://www.llm-guide.com/law_school_rankings.html for law school rankings including by employment rate.

esquiremd900

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 05:21:17 PM »
Lawschoolbible.com  THIS IS AN EXCELLENT BOOK ON ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO BE ADMITTED TO THE BAR.