Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PLS  (Read 3526 times)

carmine

• View Profile
PLS
« on: March 01, 2004, 04:05:13 PM »
Hey--anybody into the PLS approach?  It seems to make sense, but if anyone has tried it, would like to hear your thoughts.  Thanks. 

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
  • ABA? We don't need no stinking ABA.
    • View Profile
Re: PLS
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 02:05:53 PM »
I've just started reading it and would like to hear about this, too.   :)
Praying for peace in Iraq  +
Praying for the tsunami victims   +

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 05:20:36 PM »
I've gotten through half of two of the recommended books (Aspen's civil procedure and Aspen's Constitutional Law).  So far they are really good.  The book had come recommended to me by someone who graduated not that long ago - he wished he had really found it before he started law school and not during.

I figure even if the classes cover more/less than the books PLS2 recommends, at least I have somewhat a head start in that I know the terms and something about the subject.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2004, 11:12:05 PM »
What is PLS?

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 12:49:08 PM »
Planet Law School by Atticus Falcon.  It is on it's second edition and a huge book that "supposedly" gives you a lot of information about law school.  It has a whole list of books to read to get you ready for the fall.  However, the author is really, really down on law school.  I've heard that if you take the negative attitude only somewhat seriously until you get to your respective school and see if it is true and follow a lot of his advice (especially about the prep work), that it is an extreme help...

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 12:54:07 PM »
I read a post on the yahoo group for PLS.  Someone was considering delaying law school until next spring because they might not have enough time to finish all the reading suggested by PLS before the fall term.

I've read about 30 pages or so of the book.  There are many interesting points, but the author obviously has little respect for current law school instruction methods.  I'm going to finish reading the book and will consider the suggested readings, but I keep a big grain of salt next to me while reading PLS.   ;)

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2004, 01:33:20 PM »
There was someone - but then atticus wrote back and said that she should just do what she can and not wait till spring.  With admissions like they are right now, I couldn't imagine waiting till next time if I'd actually gotten in... but that might just be me :)

HpnotiQ

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2004, 04:43:57 PM »
Wow, I recently stumbled on to this "diamond-mine" forum and been reading it for the past couple weeks.

I am suprised to read about many peers in the simliar situatsions as I am.

Anyway, a co-worker who decided not to go to law school handed me PLS to read and I am halfway thru Ch. 5 at the moment.

ALready, I am somewhat nervous about law school and wondering if I should really order the "PRIMER" books and start preparing.  I brought up my concerns to my friends who are practicing lawyers re: their law school educational experiencesa and such, they said that they personally did not have such of a hard or bitter experience. Instead of wokring hard before school starts, I should spend that time relazing so that when school does start I will be ready to go into study mode and not be burnt out already.

I have also read more than half of "Broken Contract" written by a HLS.
Can you handle a double shot Incredible Hulk?

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2004, 05:36:39 PM »
I have read the book, I ordered the delaney books online and am waiting for them, I will probably read the primers too, Im not sure if i will take LEEWS

jeffjoe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2004, 07:07:47 PM »
After you've read them all, could you write us a one page summary?   ;)

I have read the book, I ordered the delaney books online and am waiting for them, I will probably read the primers too, Im not sure if i will take LEEWS