Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Which Law School Should be first in USNEWS next upcoming ranking.

Harvard
Yale
Stanford
Columbia
NYU
Chicago
other from the usual top 10 ten
other from the usual top 25

Author Topic: Cardozo feedback...  (Read 7001 times)

ReasonablePerson

• No, really I am reasonable.
    • View Profile
Cardozo feedback...
« on: February 01, 2004, 02:19:01 PM »
I'm considering transferring to Cardozo (if I can get in...).  Does anyone have feedback on the school?  Professors?  Programs?  Students?  Support?  Facilities?

Many thanks!
Shepster

joeya103

Re: Cardozo feedback...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 03:20:56 PM »
Not likely man, sorry  :(

RachelB1

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 03:19:27 AM »
Hi, there, Cardozo is and has been my dream school for over 15 years.
One of my paralegal professors got both his JD and LLM from there.

He said the professors are approachable and accomodating.  He was a full time professor of business law at Yeshiva University's School of Business while getting his LLM, so he had a lot of things to juggle.  The professors expected him to be prepared of course, but worked with him when schedule conflicts arose etc.

According to him, there is good camaraderie among the 1L's. 
Barry Schenk heads the Innocence Project and Cardozo has a well regarded program in Alternative Dispute Resolution. 

Their LSAT minimums are pretty high and I understand transferring isn't easy, but it's not impossible.

Something that might be a drawback is since it is a part of Yeshiva University, it observes ALL the Jewish holidays (which means a lot of days off in the fall) and the Library is closed every Saturday which can impact on access to materials.

It's a great school and I hope to see you there.

Rachel

scheckmf

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2005, 10:10:47 AM »
I did my undergraduate work at Brandeis which also has off for the Jewish holidays.  In my experience, non-observant students found the days off a convenient source of extra study time.    Also, I can't imagine that Cardozo's lack of library access on Saturday's would be too big a problem, as the weekday hours are very accessible.

Good luck!

softballgurl_55

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 05:28:04 PM »
I just got accepted as a transfer from Seattle U to Cardozo. I am a littler hesitant only because I have networked Seattle well and would like to be reassured that it will be possible to have good connections in NYC even after missing my 1L there