Law Students > Transferring

HAVE YOU Xferd? To? From? #'s?

(1/6) > >>

ReasonablePerson:
I'm thinking about xfering next semester (fall '04) from Florida Coastal.  I have a 3.0 (24th percentile).  Did poorly on the LSATs (147 avg of two scores).  I would like to make a move up and probably would not make a side move. 

Did you xfer?  Where to?  What were your numbers?  Any Advice?

Many thanks!
Shepster

thepope:
I'm thinking about a transfer this fall as well. I'm at SMU right now, and was fortunate enough to end the fall semester with a 3.9 GPA. I guess I have a couple of questions for anyone knowledgeable:

1) Would I be better off staying at a low 1st / high 2nd tier school and joining the law review, or transfering to a top school?

2) Do I have a realistic chance of getting into, say, Penn, Columbia or -- dare I say -- Yale, if I am able to repeat my 1st semester performance?

My LSAT was reasonable (164)

Thanks in advance

ReasonablePerson:
Hey Pope, congratulations on the 3.9.  Do you know what your percentile rank is?  From what I hear, that's what's most important when xfering.

PS. How did you study?  Any hints for la bourgeoisie?

xferee:
With your numbers you should be able to transfer to a top school.  I went from a 4th tier to a top 5 and my LSAT was similar to yours.  I also had a 3.9 GPA and ranked No. 1 in my section and No. 2 in the school.  I also think my recommendations were excellent and my essay "inspiring" according to some who read it.  Whatever it was, I got in, and you probably can too.  Wish you the best.

Ziva:
xferee-

How is it going from a 4th tier to a top five?  Are you happy with the switch? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version