Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Concord Law School  (Read 69624 times)

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
Concord Law School
« on: January 27, 2004, 09:19:35 PM »
Any comments about Concord Law School?

Christie

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
Re: Concord Law School
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 10:01:24 AM »
If you believe the press, Concord got off to a good start with the first class to sit for the bar. I checked lawschool.com for the latest numbers. First try 25% pass rate, overall 20%. $7000 per year seems high for a distance school.  That said, they stack up well on pass rate vs. other distance schools.  I think Taft had about a 15% pass rate.  The other schools were not as high.

visit www.lawschoolafterdark.com

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 05:26:16 PM »
As you may know, California is the only bar Concord grads are eligible to sit for at this time.  That is a down side if you are not a California person. 

GW

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 03:24:03 PM »
Concord Update!!!

Concord Law School now requires a bachelor's degree for admissions.

FYI.

Christie

annr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 08:36:27 PM »
The folks at Concord were much more interested in when they'd be receiving my tuition check than anything else about me or my plans. When I expressed my misgivings about the high tuition, they actually suggested I take an equity loan out on my home to pay for it, and then called and emailed me relentlessly when I declined. Needless to say, I went with a different school.

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 09:37:07 PM »
The downfall to Concord is practicing in CA for 5 years or so until you could get back home to practice.  I am all for online degrees.  I am working on #3 right now!!!

Tortilicious

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2004, 05:15:26 PM »
I've taken many undergrad online courses. I've enjoyed them all at made all A's. While it is true that the isolation does not benefit everyone and time management is essential, I usually found online classes to be more demanding than traditional classes. On WebCT and Blackboard, you have to post your assignment answers for the entire class to read, and you are required to read theirs as well. In an in-person class(especially the larger ones) it is rather easy to hide amongst your classmates and remain anonymous. Anyone who thinks an online law school is easier than a traditional one is merely misinformed.

Rebecca

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2004, 11:12:32 PM »
Hi Everyone;

I did alot of research on Concord, pre-B.A degree requirement days, and the one thing that kept me from moving forward (aside from the harrasing e-mails and calls when I declined), was that an online law school won't teach me how to argue.  Being in a live classroom, teaches how to orally practice law, not just to know and be able to learn law.  This difference is critical, and certainly not worth borrowing $7,000/yr for.

Regards,
Rebecca

Any comments about Concord Law School?

Christie

highball

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 03:18:33 PM »
Man, I wish I could like just watch video of my classes and not go.  Like, TIVO all that sh*t so I can fast forward through all the BS questions from 1/2 the class.  Like, as soon as that annoying, I wanna work on Capitol Hill chick 2 rows up from me in Criminal raises her hand I could hit the button and [Tivo sound]Bloop![/Tivo] she'd be gone.  Hell yes...

DaveMo

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 08:26:51 PM »
So does anyone go there? Can they comment on their experience with Concord or other online law school (Abrham Lincoln, NWCU)