Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: eager new student  (Read 6831 times)

zevkirsh

• View Profile
    • Email
eager new student
« on: January 21, 2004, 07:24:30 PM »
HI,

I'm going to be attending UVA Law next year and just thought it would be nice for there to be at least one message on the board for UVA. Represent...

If you're reading this, write back and say hi. Let me know the digs on Charlottesville, as I hope to move there in a few weeks and live there until school starts.
Also, if you have taken any courses, I'd appreciate if you took a moment to write your opinion about the professor and the subject.

Otherwise,
Until August.
Zev

zevkirsh

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: eager new student
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 09:07:20 PM »
good luck to you.

wiseguy

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 04:58:42 PM »
I'm also going to UVA (probably). So tell me what do u know about the school and city? Cause i dont know squat.

Walter Sobchek

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2004, 07:05:52 PM »
I'll be attending UVA in the fall also.  I found a roommate on the offgrounds.com board and we got a place in Ivy Gardens which I hear is where about half of the 1L's live.  Its about a 5-10 min. walk from the law school.  I've been down to Charlottesville a couple times, its really nice.  From talking with the students, it seemed like UVA had one of the most laid back atmospheres of the top tens.  Most people get great offers coming out of school and a lot of the pressure to beat everyone out is simply not there.  My brother-in-law's father is a Law Prof at another school and he said that he would definetely go to UVA over the New York schools just because it gives you a lot more national recruitment options coming out.  That was reason enough for me.  Plus, if you're in-state, it does save you a good amount of money.

Good luck to everyone on this board, see you all in the fall.

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 01:16:24 PM »
I heard UVA sucks.  Don't listed to Walter, he is loco.  He hasn't been accepted anywhere yet so he has to come to these boards and make stuff up.

Just Kidding

Grats to all the UVA'ers!
34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

damcgee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 05:40:59 PM »
I've applied to UVA, and I believe I will be admitted soon. I suspect UVA is the school I'll end up attending.

Anyone else going to be UVA Class of '08 ?

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 04:09:56 PM »
::raising hand::

Are you going to either of the admit weekends?

I've applied to UVA, and I believe I will be admitted soon. I suspect UVA is the school I'll end up attending.

Anyone else going to be UVA Class of '08 ?

elywolf80

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 02:51:17 AM »
Ok, so, seeing as how I'm looking at law schools and UVA is one of my top choices since I'm in state and looking to go into Public Service (Prosecution) it's the best choice I have.  It's only downside is I'm from Charlottesville and my parents live there, ick.  Anyway, since this is the case I thought I'd offer you guys an insight into Charlottesville, though, keep in mind I grew up there but haven't been there for college.  Anyway, Charlottesville is a beautiful place, fairly slow paced and slightly snobbish.  Housing is often overpriced, get used to that one.  The corner is a great place to hang out, as is the downtown mall, there are lots of fun little random things, such as the Paramount theater opening and giving a live stage theater downtown.  Most students live pretty laid back lives compared to most other top 10 schools, that's for sure.  It is definately a school that breeds major loyalty, so, alumni are a great resource it offers.  Hmm, let's see, Charlottesville is kind of suburbia attempting to masquerade as an actual city, but it's a great location because it's within two hours of DC, Richmond, and VA Beach/Williamsburg area.  There are the basic normal bar scenes that are not all that interesting, in general the food is pretty decent in the area and EVERYONE loves Bodos Bagels, which is supposed to be opening on the corner fairly soon too.  The corner is kind of in the center of campus, so it's a place where a lot of the students tend to hang out.  The courts in Albemarle County are gorgeous and if you're a history buff you'll be close to Monticello.  Anyway, if you have any other questions, let me know.  Thought I'd offer you guys a little insight, especially since I'm seriously looking to be in the class of '09. ;D