School Specific Boards > U of Virginia

eager new student

<< < (2/2)

damcgee:
I've applied to UVA, and I believe I will be admitted soon. I suspect UVA is the school I'll end up attending.

Anyone else going to be UVA Class of '08 ?

!@#$%:
::raising hand::

Are you going to either of the admit weekends?

--- Quote from: damcgee on December 31, 2004, 05:40:59 PM ---I've applied to UVA, and I believe I will be admitted soon. I suspect UVA is the school I'll end up attending.

Anyone else going to be UVA Class of '08 ?

--- End quote ---

elywolf80:
Ok, so, seeing as how I'm looking at law schools and UVA is one of my top choices since I'm in state and looking to go into Public Service (Prosecution) it's the best choice I have.  It's only downside is I'm from Charlottesville and my parents live there, ick.  Anyway, since this is the case I thought I'd offer you guys an insight into Charlottesville, though, keep in mind I grew up there but haven't been there for college.  Anyway, Charlottesville is a beautiful place, fairly slow paced and slightly snobbish.  Housing is often overpriced, get used to that one.  The corner is a great place to hang out, as is the downtown mall, there are lots of fun little random things, such as the Paramount theater opening and giving a live stage theater downtown.  Most students live pretty laid back lives compared to most other top 10 schools, that's for sure.  It is definately a school that breeds major loyalty, so, alumni are a great resource it offers.  Hmm, let's see, Charlottesville is kind of suburbia attempting to masquerade as an actual city, but it's a great location because it's within two hours of DC, Richmond, and VA Beach/Williamsburg area.  There are the basic normal bar scenes that are not all that interesting, in general the food is pretty decent in the area and EVERYONE loves Bodos Bagels, which is supposed to be opening on the corner fairly soon too.  The corner is kind of in the center of campus, so it's a place where a lot of the students tend to hang out.  The courts in Albemarle County are gorgeous and if you're a history buff you'll be close to Monticello.  Anyway, if you have any other questions, let me know.  Thought I'd offer you guys a little insight, especially since I'm seriously looking to be in the class of '09. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version