Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: International Law  (Read 1089 times)

nezhin

• View Profile
    • Email
International Law
« on: January 09, 2004, 12:12:28 AM »
What is international law?  I mean, I have a general idea, but what sorts of careers, other than in the business world, would I find?  What about salary statistics?  Employment overseas?  Thanks, I appreciate any help!
Ryan

applyingsoon

• View Profile
Re: International Law
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 01:36:12 PM »
do some research dude, rather than asking others to pass on what they dug around and found out for you!

barry_schmotz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 02:23:10 AM »
Wow, what a helpful post, "applyingsoon".  The fact that you actually took the time to register, log in and reply with a completely worthless post is admirable.  The world needs more people like you.  Just curious, have you always been a prick?  Or are you just working on it for law school purposes?

melissa2781

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 12:48:52 PM »
To sum it up broadly.... and i mean broadly because international law is so much deeper than what im gonna explain here.... international law is the treaties and laws that determine how states interact with each other and conduct themselves in a worldy prospective.  The highest judicial authority of international law is the International Court and the administrative authority is the United Nations.  it can be so much more than that though also... such as economic development within countries, the embargos and sanctions that countries place on each other, etc.

As an international lawyer, you may find yourself representing organizations and companies in ways such as representing their organizations on an equal footing with foreign investors, governments, multilateral organizations, contractors, consultants, etc., develop and implement policies that promote the interests of their organizations, and so on.

International law can be interesting, if you are the type of person who likes politics and the different government entities throughout the world. 

i suggest you look into it to see if its something that would fit you.

and applyingsoon - what the hell are you doing on a discussion board if you are jsut going to criticize what everyone says and not give anything worth reading?  he asked what international law is, not what some prick has to say about absolutely nothing.  get a life, bother someone who gives a *&^%.
**The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams ~ Eleanor Roosevelt**