Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9477 times)

ramason

• AOL Instant Messenger - Roxanna1314
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2005, 10:34:11 PM »
Hey all, I'm at Wash U as an undergrad and it looks like I'll be sticking around as a 1L in the fall.  I've spent a lot of time over in the law school (my roommate's a 3L) and I've never seen any fliers about a married students group...but that doesn't mean there isn't one of course.  The happy hour the school hosts every week is always packed, though, and I know a lot of people bring their significant others/outside friends/etc, so it will probably be an awesome place to meet people.
LSAT:  169
UGPA:  3.29
Accepted:  WUSTL$, SLU$$$
WL:  Northwestern, UIUC
Rejected:  GW
Pending: Penn, Emory, Vandy

Dirkd

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 06:04:38 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just put my deposit down for Wash U this fall.  I am excited but still haven't visited (I have been limited on my ability to visit schools due to my work).  Anyways, I am coming this weekend to check out the campus.  I also am getting married this summer and my fiancee shares similar concerns about meeting new people.  Glad to see others are in my same boat.

Hope to meet you guys soon.

Dirkd

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 06:15:50 PM »
Just noticed the dates of the earlier posts...Ramson, guess we are the only ones on the site coming into the 2006 class...

ramason

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 07:46:50 PM »
 :D  I'm just happy to know I'm not the only person on this website that doesn't hate WUSTL.  I actually got my waitlist letter from UIUC today, so it just confirmed 100% that I'll still be in STL in the fall.

Dirkd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2005, 11:51:38 AM »
:D I'm just happy to know I'm not the only person on this website that doesn't hate WUSTL. I actually got my waitlist letter from UIUC today, so it just confirmed 100% that I'll still be in STL in the fall.

The haters don't bother me.  Actually, it makes me feel like I am going to a good school.  If it wasn't, then no one would bother to mention them.  Also, for the Midwest, I think Wash U is almost as good as it gets.  I told a friend of the family who is a well respected judge that I got waitlisted at Northwestern.  He said Washington University is just as good or better.  I wouldn't necessarily go that far, but I agree that Wash U looks outstanding and I am very excited to start (though a little nervous about the debt).

We are coming down to visit the school this weekend (will be there Friday for a tour).  Then we are going to look for housing.  Any specific recommendations?  Central West End looks cool from the web but more expensive and maybe a little less safe.  We will also look in Clayton and mabye University City.  Any specific streets or locations in CWE and Clayton with the best properties?  We are pretty much going down there with no real knowledge of the area.  Thanks.

ramason

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2005, 04:35:57 PM »
Well, you're pretty much right on the expensiveness of the true CWE, but if you can afford it its a wonderful  neighborhood.  Between the CWE and campus there are a bunch of apartments owned by Reserve at Forest Park.  They are cheaper and on the WU shuttle route, but there are a lot of car break ins.  The land lords are alright, but not good at maintenance (that's where I live this year)  U-city is cheaper than CWE (significantly cheaper) and you have a couple options there--you can either live between Delmar and campus and be really close to the Loop area, which is where there are a lot of good resturaunts and bars (where I'm living next year), or you can live north west of campus in a nice quiet family area that will be pricier (where I lived my sophomore year of undergrad).  I don't have a lot of experience with clayton, as I've never lived there, but I've known people who've lived on Rosedale and Northridge in the Demun area who have loved it and found mid-priced two bedrooms...pricey one bedrooms though.  Also, if you go just south of the suburb of Clayton, across Clayton Rd (it gets confusing) you will be in Richmond Heights which normally has some good deals on two bedrooms.

Here's a webpage from the business school that lists a bunch of different complexes you can get in touch with, and their pluses/minuses.  Debaliviere Place is the old name for Reserve at Forest Park, but I think the phone number is the same:  http://www.olin.wustl.edu/guide/apts.cfm