Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Class of 2006 yahoogroup  (Read 3961 times)

skyla

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Class of 2006 yahoogroup
« on: June 20, 2003, 10:04:05 AM »
Hi there!

We've got a yahoogroup going for the Class of 2006.  If you're entering this fall and would like to be on the listserve, send me an email at skyen@sbcglobal.net.  

Hope to see you soon,

Sophia

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: Class of 2006 yahoogroup
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 03:05:29 PM »
Why not just use this board?  To me, asking people here to join a Yahoo group is like walking into a local mom & pop diner and asking everyone to join you down at TGI Fridays.

skyla

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2003, 01:35:51 AM »
Sorry if you feel insulted Andrew.  It is, by no means, my intention.  However, we already have a sizeable yahoogroup started.  So... it's more like telling the people at the mom & pop place that there's also a big group of people that they might get to know at TGIF.  Doesn't mean they have to stop eating at the M&P place, but it doesn't mean they can't stop by TGIF later to see what's going on there.

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2003, 09:57:42 AM »
It's just I've worked hard on this site to try to foster a community, and it hurts a little to see people, who would be contributing that community, using it only as a forum to pull people away.

skyla

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2003, 01:25:31 AM »
I understand where you're coming from Andrew and appreciate your hardwork.  However, I don't think you should feel so threatened by my post.  The majority of my yahoogroup members consist of posters at the PR board and the Univ. of Chicago board.  I actually just heard of your board for the first time last week from a PR poster that responded to a similar yahoogroup post I made on the PR board.  Perhaps you should see this as a good opportunity to advertise your board and to reach new markets.  I will gladly send out an email to my two yahoogroups (for BU and UMinn) referring them to this website for additional law school information.  Perhaps you will get some new members in your community from all this.