Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Welcome Class of 2005  (Read 4640 times)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Books & Pictures
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2002, 03:24:29 AM »
As for books, I made a little spread sheet with the specifics:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/books%20for%20sale.xls

If anyone is interested let me know ASAP (via email andrew.j.sinclair@verizon.net) so I can take them off of half.com (just sold two more this morning).  Then you can just come by and get them when you get to Boston.  I know it's a little early and you probably don't have your book lists yet - so please wait until you're sure I have the edition you need.

I'll ask around and see if anyone else is selling books.  A lot of people seem to want to keep them.  The Student Bar Association sells some used books too.  You can also try lawswap.com, though I've emailed them a couple times and never heard back.

As far as dress for the pictures... It's just from your chest up, so it doesn't matter if you're wearing board shorts, slacks, tighty-whiteys, etc.  In last year's face book the tie:no tie ratio was about 50:50 (for guys of course).  So that should give you an idea.  The pictures have three purposes:

1) employers supposedly get the face book to "identify" students
2) professors get your picture (in color!) to paste onto their seating chart so they know who they're calling on
3) most importantly - your classmates will get a copy of the face book.  This will be used to identify people that come in conversation ("Mr. Who? - face-book-em please"), to make fun of people amongst friends (the same way you've probably been making fun of me based on my picture), and to figure out where people are from / what school they went to.  (don't know why anyone needs to know that, but it's in there and it's interesting)

Because at least a couple of your classmates will be talking about you at some point - face book in hand - you'll want to make sure you don't have a big piece of dried nasal mucus hanging out of your nose.