Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1L Happy Hour?  (Read 3543 times)

mt

• View Profile
1L Happy Hour?
« on: August 03, 2002, 09:00:04 AM »
Seeing that many of us have already moved into the city, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in getting together for 'happy hour' before the 22nd.  Of course, this would be totally informal -- you can come and go as you please.  We could have it at a local bar on a Wednesday night (when it would be relatively less crowded than say, a Thursday or Friday night) from like 7-9 pm or something.  Anyway, it's just a thought.

P.S.  I don't want to get ahead of myself but provided that there's enough interest, _where_ would be a good place to meet (I'm not too familiar with the bar scene here)??  Thanks.

poe

• BU 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1L Happy Hour?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2002, 03:52:19 AM »
I'm onboard! Any opportunity to know SOMEONE, ANYONE on day 1 would be great! Anybody know of a cool bar near BU?
Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore"

bunny_the_foo

• roar
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2002, 01:38:57 PM »
Hey there!  Count me in.  I'll be living in Boston after the 17th (woo-hoo!).  I don't really know any of the bars either.  We may have to take our chances.  

Fool for the Fenway

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2002, 09:22:39 AM »
Bars near BU (roughly closest to farthest from school): The Dugout (our School Bar), Audobon (sexy city style), P.J. Kilroy's (tatoos and broken bottles of Pabst), An Tua Nua (your standard Irish hip-hop venue), O'Leary's (elderly people enjoying folk music), the BU Pub (not a summer place), Cornwall's (English pub in an Irish towne), Boston Beer Works (brewed on location), Cask and Flagan (go Sox!), Copperfield's (smells funny), T's Pub (big screen tv)

Ricardo F. Alicea

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2002, 05:22:46 AM »
Hey fellow 1L's,

I don't know if I'll be able to join you all for drinks, but i did go to BU as an undergrad, and as a result am thoroughly familiar with many of Bostons wonderful bars.  The bars previously suggested are all cool bars and relatively close to BUSL, but I'm sure we'll be seeing plenty of those bars throughout the year.  You may want to venture a little further into the downtown area towards Bolyston Street or Faniel Hall to get a real taste of Boston.  For a wednesday, I would suggest Tia's on the waterfront (more of a preppy financial district after-work hangout), Pravda (a black pants lounge/bar/club, which is a little more European), Great Scotts (a come as you are bar with $1 draft every Wednesday), or The Place (a rowdy but fun bar).  Someone drop me an e-mail if enough people are actually interested in doing this, and I will try and rearrange my schedule to meet up with everyone.

jwr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2002, 06:25:10 AM »
Hey-

I arrive in Boston on Monday, and seeing as how I don't know anyone there yet-- I'm extremely interested in a happy hour get together.  A night of 1$ beers sounds like a winner to me.

It seems that someone just needs to suggest a time and a place.  I would; however, I'm in the process of packing/12 hour drive.  Besides, I've only been to Boston twice so I'm not the best person to make these decisions.  If anyone out there who is more familiar with the area wants to just set a day/time/place- I'll be there.

Let me know
~jr

JoeB

This Wednesday at Great Scott's?
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2002, 03:56:14 PM »
Hey there,

Is anyone still interested in meeting up? How about 8pm Wednesday night at Great Scott's? Even if we end up hating each other, at least beers are only a dollar. Just kidding.

Great Scott's is on the south-east corner of Harvard and Commonwealth in Allston (or Brighton - I have no idea where one starts and the other ends). I think there are lots of us living in the area.

What do you think?

sk

• Sr. Citizen
  • Not as scary as it looks!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2002, 07:15:34 PM »
I'd love to be there as well. As I'm already in Boston and have the yellow pages handy, I thought I'd post the bar's address so anyone can easily find it: 1222 Commonwealth Ave., Brighton   

Hope to see ya all there!
"buffoons don't clerk for federal judges!"

--LSN--

JoeB

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2002, 08:36:46 AM »
It just occurred to me that we don't even know each other's real names, let alone what we look like.  I imagine that $1 draft nights attract lots of people, so in case you're wondering - my name is Joe, I'm Chinese and I'll be wearing a red shirt. If that doesn't work, I'll write "BU 1L" on my forehead with magic marker and hope for the best.

See you there...