Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Book Bags  (Read 1541 times)

nu2bu

Book Bags
« on: August 01, 2003, 01:42:56 PM »
On average what is in your bag on a given day? How many case books, hornbooks, commercial outlines, legal pads, notebooks, a laptop???, etc.

I'm trying to figure out what I need to carry my books and computer. I've found a bag that I like which will carry my laptop, 3-4 books, a few legal pads, and of course pens and hilighters, but I don't know if this is enough.  Will I have more than this on any given day???

What has worked of the 2 & 3L's???

Thanks
Chris

mt

• View Profile
Re: Book Bags
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 03:39:45 PM »
You should keep in mind that you will be assigned a locker (which you will have to share with one other student) and so you won't really need to carry ALL of your books around the Law Tower all of the time.  That said, your bag sounds like it has plenty of carrying capacity and will likely serve your needs during first-year.  

The bag I used carried the similar amount of books as yours but I had a separate carrying case for my laptop.  However, I knew people who also carried their laptop in their book bags as you intend to do.  

One other thing you might want to consider is how weatherproof your bag is.  After probably the worst winter on record in 40+ years, be sure to get a bag that is fairly waterproof.  And what I really mean is that you want to be able to "seal" your bag against inclement weather (i.e., some bags are designed with "open" (i.e., partially-exposed) pockets that would allow the bag's contents to get a little wet in bad weather).