Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Where can I find information on firms?  (Read 3727 times)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Where can I find information on firms?
« on: September 21, 2001, 09:35:41 AM »
I know vault.com is a good resource for getting information on law firms (salaries, hours, etc).  

See Vault: Law Firm Rankings:
http://www.vault.com/nr/lawrankings.jsp?law2001=6&ch_id=242

Does anyone know of any similar resources?  Is there something similar that has info on medium and small firms?

Daniel_H

• View Profile
Re: Where can I find information on firms?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2001, 02:18:23 PM »
American Lawyer magazine publishes a ranking of the biggest and most profitable firms each year.  You can check out the highest grossing firms on law.com at:

http://www.law.com/special/professionals/amlaw/revenue_2001.html

Check out Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz with a per-lawyer revenue of $2,170,000.  That's some serious cash.

lbaby

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2002, 11:09:51 AM »
you can search through Lexis which has means to sement search certain geographical areas, certain areas of practice, specific size firms, alum from your law school or college.  Go to 'Reference' under the main index under Lexis.  Then to 'Career Development,' followed by 'NALP National Directory of Legal Employers.'  Use Focus terms you learned in legal research to target your search.  Good luck.

belinda

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 07:54:36 AM »
Andrew,
i undrestand u are looking for infos on firms.
i believe the best place to get info on things u never even heard of their websites is on Google Search, simply go to:www.google.com and u'll get what you want by typing you phrase in the search space.Good luck.
                                    Belinda ;)

zemog

• Sr. Citizen
  • Evening PT 2L at a third tier toilet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 03:31:25 PM »

4L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2005, 01:22:58 AM »
nalpdirectory.com!!!!

this shows past, present and future hirings for each firm, break down by gender, ethnicity, even sexual orientation. It shows which schools firms OCI at, what they are looking for, what their philosophy is, who the hiring partner is, how big the firm is, break down by partner v. associate, what areas of law they practice in, etc.!!

ALSO, they have a mail merge option in case you wanted to do targetted mailing. mail merge costs money, but most career services at schools have already paid so it is free to you (and if not, it's really cheap anyway).

nalpdirectory.com!!!