Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: help  (Read 1776 times)

Samantha

help
« on: December 20, 2001, 01:20:26 AM »
Dear law students,

Hi! My name is Samantha and I am a ninth grader at Kalamazoo Central High School. For one of my classes I have to write a report on any job i want to do. Obviously, I decided to pick law. I was wondering if anyone could  tell me what types of classes you are required to take and the classes that would be good to take if you are planing on becoming a lawyer. Oh, and anything else that you might find helpful! Thank you!~Samantha

ladybug

Re: help
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 11:55:49 AM »
Hi Samantha,

Every law school will require law students to complete with a grade "C" or higher the following courses:  Contract Law, Property Law, Civil Procedure, Criminal Procedure, Criminal Law, and Constitutional Law.  Also, there is a Legal Research and Writing class.  

Now, there are a lot of electives you can take in law school.  For example, if you want to be a corporate lawyer, you should take Business Associations, Corporate Tax, Securities Law, and Antitrust Law.  My advice to you is to read law journals to determine what type of law you want to practice and then find the law school that will give you the best training in that field.  

Good luck, I hope this was helpful

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: help
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 12:12:14 PM »
Samantha,

In case you haven't found it, there is a category devoted to high school / law bound students.  It's on the pre-law discussion board here: http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/cgi-bin/YaBB/YaBB.cgi?board=general_high_school