Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NALP web site  (Read 3428 times)

Crisp

NALP web site
« on: July 27, 2002, 01:51:12 PM »
For those applying for fall recruiting...

If you're having trouble accessing the NALPdirectory.com website (super usefull for firm research - it tells you how many people each firm will hire), I've discovered a trick...

nalpdirectory.com has a message saying that the site is down for maintanence.  This is not true!  Go to Google and search for NALP Directory.  Then, instead of clicking on the direct link, click on the "Cache" link to see Google's cache of the page (from before it was down).  The links from the cached version will take you into the NALP Directory site, which is not closed at all!

I don't know what's going on with the site, or for that matter why there isn't a link to it from NALP.com, but its a great resource so I'd thought I'd share my discovery. (Especially considering the rapidly approaching resume deadlines at many schools.)

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: NALP web site
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2002, 07:19:23 AM »
Thanks for the tip Crisp.  I've discovered that the same directory is also available on Lexis.  I like the NALPdirectory.com format better, but that site goes down too often.

For the lexis version go to lawschool.lexis.com and click the career center tab at the top then click on "form based search".

You can try this link directly but I don't know if it will work or if you have to log in first...
http://lawschool.lexis.com/career/library/nalp_index.html