Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How many hours a day do you study?  (Read 16091 times)

t2gungho

• View Profile
Re: How many hours a day do you study?
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2005, 01:40:31 AM »
I saw him in person when he gave his presentation to our Academic Success Program at Whittier Law School.  Very good and informative.

alexanserg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2005, 04:10:36 AM »
Excerpt from "Putting law school grades in perspective" M.I. Swygert: "the simple fact is that people come to law school with different  cognitive abilities and study skills. Grades in part reflect these differences Thus, there is no universally applicable relation between time spent in studying and the final grade."

Some people will naturally have the skills necessary to excel in law school.  Some people will simply be predisposed to thinking in a way that law school professors will like.  For a more intelligent discussion of this topic refer to the article http://dennistonsing.com/Stetson%20Grades%20Article.pdf

Wild Jack Maverick

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I think I know the formula..."
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2005, 08:06:58 AM »
Geez, lol.

I'm 4th year undergrad...I study 6 hours on weekdays and 10-12 on weekends.

That sounds about right. I like this guy.
"I enjoy being in school. I've learned so much already, with taking economics and law, and I have marketing and statistics coming up next."

honey bee

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2005, 06:47:46 PM »
14 hours in class; 42 hours outside of class (3 hours for every class hour

I doubt most students would follow these instructions and study every day for 6 hours straight! Jesus Christ, I mean, that's why they want you fast and good and excited when they give you that LSAT thing, to see if you'll be able to assimilate a hell of a lot of material in a relatively short time period! Maybe I am wrong, but occupying your mind (you happen to have only one, unfortunately!) with law school stuff, gets a bit boring with the passing of time! Sure we are geeks, but that does not mean we're not supposed to be adventurous and lively and aggressive as, say, ancient Greeks!