Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2L??  (Read 1014 times)

Smiley1978

2L??
« on: April 11, 2002, 05:23:36 AM »
Hi - I actually won't be starting law school until this fall, but had a question:

A lot of people I know who have gone to law school have told me not to work during my first year, so I have already decided to not work - but how about 2nd year?  Do most people have a part time job during their second year - or do most people only work during the summer?

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
Re: 2L??
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2002, 04:52:46 AM »
My understanding (and I'm a 1L so this isn't expert advice) is that the 2L year requires less studying but more "extra stuff".  "Extra stuff" might be a journal, moot court, or a job - and of course the job search.  I don't know what percentage of people work during their second year, but I would think it would be fairly low.

Besha

• Place Personal Text Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 03:07:05 PM »
As a 3L, I can tell you that as a 2L, you will have just as much work, plus extra stuff. You are just more efficient and less scared. Majority does not work during the school year.

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 11:16:10 AM »
I attend an evening law school and most of my classmates have full-time jobs.  That includes full-time and part-time students.  Taking 4 or 5 classes and working full-time is tough but it can be done.  You can get a great legal education and pass the bar on the first try if you take this path.  The keys are your dedication and the support of family and friends.

Visit www.lawschoolafterdark.com.