Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Studying at UCLA  (Read 1107 times)

Anna

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Studying at UCLA
« on: June 03, 2002, 02:49:04 AM »
Hi everybody,

I got into UCLA's LLM program and am looking for any valuable (in your opinion) info about the law school.  Don't know very much about LA and UCLA in particular.  Any useful info about choosing courses (any particularily strong ones?), best housing options there, etc. would be very much appreciated.

Anna

3l

Re: Studying at UCLA
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2002, 04:32:54 PM »
I'm a current law student there, for advice on living I suggest living in west LA( westwood village, brentwood or santamonica, and even the palms- you can find places by walking around these neighborhoods or using a borker), near campus, traffic is a nightmare, especially in the morning.  Also apply for parking asap, parking is even more of a nightmare.  I know this sounds like mundane and trivial advice, but livng in LA means spending half your damn life in traffic, and life can be a real pain when you have far to travel and nowhere to park.  Alternatively live near  a bus line, preferably the Big Blue Bus line with a direct line to UCLA.  The only problem with that is the buses do not run late which is not conducive to the law school life style.  As faar as classes go, it is hit and miss it depends what you want to take and most importantly whos teaching the class.  you can read professor reviews from the records office.  hope some of this helps and good luck

Andrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I just think the thing should work properly."
    • View Profile
    • Andrew Sinclair
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2002, 12:51:10 PM »
For future reference, there's a UCLA specific board here:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/cgi-bin/YaBB2/YaBB.cgi?board=U_of_Calif_LA

I'd really like to see all the schools represented on the school-specific boards for questions like these.  Please don't be afraid to be the first posters there.  

Chad

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2002, 06:08:12 PM »
Umm.. it says that I am not allowed access to the law school specific boards.  How does one obtain access?

Thanks..