Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: STETSON LAW SCHOOL  (Read 3324 times)

Sean M

STETSON LAW SCHOOL
« on: October 24, 2001, 06:15:39 AM »

Is it true that Stetson law school is the Harvard of the south? What do you people say about it?

Thank you

jordan

• View Profile
Re: STETSON LAW SCHOOL
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2001, 07:02:44 AM »
What is Stetson Law School?  The best law school I can think of in the south is Duke, but I wouldn't consider even that the "Harvard of the south".  Then again, I've never been to the south, so what would I know?

lbaby

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2001, 08:21:41 AM »
Well, I'd have to agree with Jordan.  Duke would be the top southern school, followed by Vanderbilt.  

tokyojoe

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2002, 07:53:06 PM »
It is not the Harvard of the south but it has a good reputation.

poe

• BU 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2002, 04:17:07 AM »
I heard that all Stetson students receive a free hat upon acceptance. Is this true? But seriously, isn't Stetson a VERY local/state specific school, whereas Harvard is a national, even international school? How exactly can you compare Stetson and Harvard? They are number one for trial advocacy, but that might be because all thier grads become public defenders.
Quoth the Raven: "Nevermore"

Matt

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2002, 12:25:28 AM »
Let's remember that Texas is in the south.  

lifeofanarchy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 12:57:05 PM »
Well, I would have to argue that Stetson is not even close to being the top school in the south. I would have to say the top 5 schools in the south (if you do not consider V.A. and Califorina the south) would have to be: 1. Duke 2. University of Texas 3. Vanderbilt 4. Emory, 5. Wake Forest

?

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 08:03:41 PM »
Stetson is not even the best school in Florida, or second best...or third best.  Those would be FSU, UF, and Miami.  Stetson falls behind each of these.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 08:23:11 PM »
I heard that all Stetson students receive a free hat upon acceptance. Is this true? But seriously, isn't Stetson a VERY local/state specific school, whereas Harvard is a national, even international school? How exactly can you compare Stetson and Harvard? They are number one for trial advocacy, but that might be because all thier grads become public defenders.
No, but Miami sends out a T-shirt.

Ms Tiger

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 09:57:32 PM »
I went to the Stetson open house for prospective students and was a bit disappointed.  My impression was that the quality of faculty wasn't up to par and the current students weren't quite as sharp either.

I am at UF now, which is the top law school in FL (and in the top 50 in the nation), followed by FSU, Miami and then Stetson.  I chose UF mainly because it's the top law school in Florida, and the in-state tuition is so reasonable compared to Miami (Miami and FSU were my 2nd choices).  Also, I am interested in Tax Law and UF has the #2 LLM taxation program in the nation.  All these choices affected my decision.  Hope this helps!