Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Understanding Crim Pro 3d  (Read 2113 times)

Some_Devil

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Understanding Crim Pro 3d
« on: August 11, 2003, 06:10:12 AM »
Does anyone have a copy of the latest edition of Understanding Criminal Procedure by Dressler they'd like to sell?  If so, please email me at amhassouna@yahoo.com  Thanks.

OSU_Professor

• View Profile
Re: Understanding Crim Pro 3d
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2003, 03:15:00 PM »
Great choice of books.   ;)

Some_Devil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2003, 08:32:15 AM »
Any chance of being comped a copy from the Professor himself?

OSU_Professor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2003, 09:15:29 AM »
Yeah, don't you wish.  Not only do I not have any spare copies to send anyone, but I can imagine the requests I might get if anyone learned I had sent one student a freebie.  Sorry.  (It is little consolation, but the royalties I get on a single copy is 9 cents or so, so I am not being cheap, just practical.)

M. Lee

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 02:42:50 AM »
Hi guys,
I am taking crim pro right now.  I'm using the Examples and Explanations supplement, it's okay (not great) but I am still confused on some issues.  Since I'm already using this supplement, is the Understanding Crim Pro book THAT great?  Meaning, is it much better than the Examples and Explanations Crim Pro?

Some_Devil

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2003, 09:19:16 AM »
I shelled out $30 for a new copy of the Understanding book, and I honestly haven't had a chance to look through it yet.  It's pretty detailed, which is nice when you want some additional scholarship when say you're preparing an outline.  The only E&E series I own is the one for Evidence, which I liked, but I thought it gave more of an overview "big picture" analysis which charts and diagrams, which is nice when you're trying to put it all together for the final.

So I guess it just depends what you're looking for.