Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Powerscore vs. Testmaster vs. Others  (Read 3635 times)

borg_minion

Powerscore vs. Testmaster vs. Others
« on: June 12, 2003, 10:11:38 PM »
Hi,

I'm seriously considering signing up for powerscore test prep.  I haven't heard any discussion on Powerscore, only on testmasters, kaplan and princeton review.

Therefore, I would like to know if anyone has taken the Powerscore prep class, and how they liked it.  Also, even if you haven't taken powerscore, if you did take another prep class, how did you like that one.

Thanks.

P.S.  After studying on my own, I consistently score in 148ish, and so I've decided to take a prep class.  Before, I was only considering princeton and kaplan, but now am considering powerscore and testmaster.  Ordinarily I would go for testmaster, but their schedule doesn't really fit mine.

Trunks

Re: Powerscore vs. Testmaster vs. Others
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 09:54:18 PM »
Does anyone have any recommendations as far as Prep Courses? I am considering Powerscore and Kaplan. I found Powerscore's book on Logic Games extremely helpful and Kaplan consistently includes detailed explanations on every section of the LSAT. Don't care much for Princeston. If anyone here has any personal insight to LSAT prep courses and/or Powerscore and Kaplan's program I would very much appreciate any information you have to offer. I am planning on enrolling in a prep class for the upcoming October 2003 LSAT.

Thanks so much!
8)  8)   8)   8)

cokocaramel

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Powerscore vs. Testmaster vs. Others
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 07:51:25 AM »
I took the weekend class in January and really loved it.  However, I freaked out about three days prior to the test and just needed some clarification on a section and I emailed my instructor day and night, he was a student and claimed he checked his email all the time.  Needless to say he never responded and I absolutely bombed on the test.  Not that I'm blaming him but I still feel for $400 I should of gotten an email to help me relax and final explanations.  If you do it just make sure you get more than an email.  Good luck.