Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: You have GOT to be kidding me...Hastings  (Read 2967 times)

flossy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Goddamn monkey stole my sandwich!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - flossy_kid
    • View Profile
Re: You have GOT to be kidding me...Hastings
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2005, 04:39:37 PM »
sakura,
I havent heard anything yet, i asuume it will come in the mail today or tomorrow, i live down in LA

I went decision over the weekend and I live in Palo Alto, but I didn't receive my rejection letter today.  Thoroughly nonplussed.
Mellow like jello, cool like lemonade.

danno51

• MSN Messenger - dannyeverakes
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - daneverakes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2005, 04:48:12 PM »
I would definitely consider san francisco, right now i am trying to focus on the schools i ahev gotten admitted too, and i have narrowed that down to Loyola or San Diego.  I figure if i get into any other schools, then my decision will get more complicated.  Right now i am kinda divided, altho leaning more towards San Diego cuz i like the city a lot better.  have u visited the Hastings campus yet?
Heading to USD in August, Viva San Diego

applying06

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2005, 05:39:08 PM »
Jules - you're numbers are great for Hastings - are yousure they aren't doing a yield protection thing on you? I'm no expert but that happenned to my friends this and last admissions cycle. It may just be that if you stay on the list and send a letter to say you will definitely be attending if offered a place (or that you're still very interested) that they'll take you off the list. good luck wherever you decide to go!

JulesSF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2005, 06:41:05 PM »
Thanks again guys, I guess "waitlist" is my middle name this cycle. Michigan is the only school I have the patience to wait for. I guess this way my SF friends aren't offended that I'm choosing to leave them. Although I still think it is a fantastic school, I had no intention of going to Hastings over GW.

Best of luck!
166 / 3.5
He loves me: ATTENDING: GWU $$ (obvi)
He loves me not: NU, GULC, UVA, UCLA
He decides not to decide: U Mich (WL)
Preemptive dump: BC, UC Hastings, USC

jdclassof08

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2005, 01:11:39 AM »
Jules, you want to see something ridiculous?  Check out my rejection from Down South!  From your pic it looks like SF's loss anyway...D.C. is legit.  Also, would you take UVA over Cornell?
IN: Cornell, Texas, USC, Indiana, Arizona, UNC, ASU, Kentucky, Colorado, Hawaii
REJ: Michigan, Florida???
WL:  UVA, W&L

JulesSF

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2005, 01:21:40 PM »
jdclassof08, thanks...it was a surprise. What are your #s? I didn't apply to Cornell...no interest in Ithaca. I hope I get rejected from UVA, chances are good that I will, it will make it easier to move forward with GW...
166 / 3.5
He loves me: ATTENDING: GWU $$ (obvi)
He loves me not: NU, GULC, UVA, UCLA
He decides not to decide: U Mich (WL)
Preemptive dump: BC, UC Hastings, USC

jdclassof08

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2005, 10:14:21 PM »
Hey Jules,

My numbers are the same as yours...technically a 3.54 GPA.  I'm definitely not thrilled about Ithaca, but Cornell is obviously a good school.  USC & Texas are tempting, but I'm not keen about urban campuses.  Also, I have no idea where I want to end up or if I want to go "biglaw."  I absolutely hate cold weather (I did undergrad in Canada although I'm American), and I remember how nice it was going to high school in Egypt and being tan year-round.  Do you want to permanently move to the East Coast?  Cali must be amazing right now...

-JB
IN: Cornell, Texas, USC, Indiana, Arizona, UNC, ASU, Kentucky, Colorado, Hawaii
REJ: Michigan, Florida???
WL:  UVA, W&L