Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Attorney Johnnie Cochran has died in California after an illness  (Read 5327 times)

Victor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile

TBoneUCLA

Re: Attorney Johnnie Cochran has died in California after an illness
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 06:31:13 PM »
wow. random.

a fallen alum of my future law school too.

not that i am super duper proud of that, or anything....in my opinion he isnt exactly a hero.

still, that was unexpected :o

Who's Crowdaddy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 06:35:27 PM »
he just had a case in front of the supreme court within the last two weeks. He wasn't the lawyer, I think he was the defendant. Just random sidenote.
I fought the Law and the Law won

I am the Law

kccole

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 06:36:11 PM »
R.I.P. :(
Get Right, or get Left!!!!

CaliToD.C.

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 07:01:30 PM »
That man will go down in history as one of the greatest to ever step foot in a court room.

RIP

thefaceman

• Sr. Citizen
  • I saved Latin. What did you ever do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 07:12:01 PM »

That man will go down in history as one of the greatest to ever step foot in a court room.

RIP

Oh, well I guess we have to give credit where it is due. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chewbacca_Defense
But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down. Just remember, they can buy anything but they can't buy backbone. Don't let them forget it. Thank you.

CaliToD.C.

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 07:13:33 PM »
Yall aint nothing but haters!  >:( Give props where props are due. Geronimo Pratt surely wasn't rich and the system definatelty didn't want to release him from it grip but Johnnie was such a skillful and brilliant attorney that he was able to expose the injustice.

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 07:24:51 PM »
This is BLSD. Never disrespect that. Especially if you are going to talk about JC. I just had to delete a few mofos. @#!* the 1st. amendment. This is BLSD and I make the rules. Don't @#!* with my frat brother on this day my friend.

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 07:27:45 PM »
R.I.P.

To one of the greastest lawyers of our time.  If you don't think so look up Geronomo Pratt and the hundreds of other victims of overzealous or racist prosecutors and policeman that Johnnie has brought justice to.  When my career is done I hope to have accomplished half of what Johnnie did.  I'm stunned one of my few legal heros. A sad day.  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 07:30:40 PM »
It is definitely a sad day... I just hope that he's remembered... outside of the state of California, there wasn't much news about his illness.... last year when it was announced that he was ill...there was no more media coverage about the matter...let's honor his memory.. and lift up his family during this time of mourning..
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...