Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UCLA admitted students weekend: Let's talk  (Read 2653 times)

Javert

• Sr. Citizen
  • Time.
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Rov47
    • View Profile
    • Spirit of Sisyphus
UCLA admitted students weekend: Let's talk
« on: March 29, 2005, 06:01:51 PM »
Spun off from here:

http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,29898.0.html

Who's going to the UCLA weekend? Anybody have plans for Friday and Saturday evening? We could buy booze at a liquor store, congregate in a room, and discuss the merits of the school to date or just shoot the breeze. Or we could just head off to a bar. Whichever.

Who else will be there, and does anybody want to meet up?
Attending: U Texas

"The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination." -- Garak, "Improbable Cause", Deep Space Nine

photogrl

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UCLA admitted students weekend: Let's talk
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 06:08:21 PM »
Per my other posts, I will be in LA that weekend as well.  I know my SO and I are supposed to meet up with friends, but if there were a central bar that people were going to go to then we would definitely go for a drink or three.  ;D
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=stkit2theman

I am not permanent
And the only thing keeping me dry is where i am

UrbAnprOphEt1200

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 08:16:39 PM »
I'll be there.  I'm taking it that you've decided to go as well Javert.  I'll be kicking it with my brother for at least some of the free time, but I'd be down to hang out with anybody looking for something to do.   

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 08:17:48 PM »
I'll be there, either visiting for the weekend/staying with friends or as part of my long-planned get the @#!* out of norcal plan-moving to LA for the spring & summer.

Anyways, I'll be in town and would like to meet up with whoever on here wants to.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

AubZamZam

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 09:12:43 PM »
I'll be there too.  I can't decide if I'm too scared to de-anonymize myself though.  :)

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 09:21:21 PM »
i'll be there, and i'm willing to let go of any anonymity i might have.  bruin04, any suggestions for places to hang out?

PleaseMr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2005, 12:06:39 AM »
I'll be in LA too.  Not for UCLA, but I'll be all alone and its my first time.  Yes, I'm an LA Virgin. 

Charlie_Murphy

• What did the five fingers say to the face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2005, 01:54:29 AM »
As a UCLA undergrad, I would be happy to answer questions about the area. 

As far as bars go, you might want to consider going to Westwood Brewing Company or the 'W' hotel (my preference).  Both are within walking distance from the law school.  If you have the time and energy, you might want to head out to Sunset Blvd. (West Hollywood) which isn't far at all.  It would cost about $20.00 to get a cab out there.  10-20 min. depending on trafic. 

On Sunset, you could eat dinner and party at Miyagi's. 

http://www.igougo.com/planning/journalEntryDining.asp?JournalID=20900&EntryID=14522&n=Miyagi's

Go across the street to Dublin's. 

Other cool places (On Sunset) include the Saddle Ranch (http://you-are-here.com/sunset/8371.html), Key Club, infamous House of Blues, or the bar at the Chateau Marmont.  You could chill out in Hollywood for a week and not scratch the surface of shite you could do there.

Another option you could do is head out to the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica.  Again, it's about a 10-20 min. cab ride depending on traffic.  Yet, students frequent these places throughout the school year.  The cool thing about Santa Monica is that you would be able to see the beach at third street. 

If you come to admitted students weekend, I highly suggest that you do either one or both of these things.  Santa Monica could be seen during the day or night, while you should really experience Sunset Blvd. at night.  It would give you a good feel about the city and your future living enviornment. 

As a side note, you could also check out the Mann Chinese Theater which isn't too far from Sunset if you wish. 

If you want some dinning options, just ask, I know some cool places I could suggest.   
Attending PENN

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 02:03:15 AM »
As far as westwood goes, I would agree with BrewCo, but the "W" is a bit pricey. Both are within walking distance of the school and hotels in westwood.

Hollywood and 3rd street Santa Monica are good, but further away. Nevertheless, you should definetly check some of these places out, since if you go to UCLA, you willl be spending a bit of free time in the greater LA area. Overall, Charlie has some very good ideas.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

amelliot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 01:38:42 PM »
I'll most likely be there and would definitely be down to meet up at a bar or something.