Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Off to U Arizona  (Read 717 times)

Speeedyyy

• View Profile
Off to U Arizona
« on: March 29, 2005, 05:27:01 PM »
Well, I made a decision and I'm off to U Arizona. Any other newly minted Wildcats fans here that want to exchange e-mail addresses?

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Off to U Arizona
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 06:36:32 PM »
What made you decide on U of A and not ASU?

Speeedyyy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 07:56:53 PM »
I think it was the students. The students at the U of A seemed way more committed and interesting than those at ASU. Plus, I really loved Tucson- and Phoenix doesn't work for me.

inthesun

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 10:24:50 PM »
Plus, I really loved Tucson- and Phoenix doesn't work for me.

I don't think I've ever heard that one!  ;D

I would choose Arizona for ls over ASU, too (despite being a former Sun Devil).

AZWildcat

• Sr. Citizen
  • What LS in San Diego looks like..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 11:34:35 PM »
Well, I made a decision and I'm off to U Arizona. Any other newly minted Wildcats fans here that want to exchange e-mail addresses?

I may join you, but I'm looking to get away from my undergrad institution. :)  However, no matter where I go, I am a Wildcat for life!
USD 2L

dinobuddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2005, 11:15:09 PM »
Bear Down, Arizona!

I just got confirmation of my seat deposit having arrived. See you in the Fall.

lsn: dinobuddy

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 11:51:16 PM »
See you later. Are you thinking about attending the bridge program? I heard that about a third of the class attend.

dinobuddy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2005, 10:47:08 AM »
I'm thinking about it. Right now I'm in Korea and will be until the end of July, at which point I will be moving (with my wife and whatever I've gathered over 4 years here) straight to Tucson. I'd love some time to adjust once I get back, but I think the bridge program will be a good idea for me. I've been out of the academic loop for about 5 years now and I'm already 30 (gasp), so I guess that qualifies me as non-traditional. Yeah, hell, why not. Count me in. See you there.

inthesun

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2005, 12:10:29 PM »
If you don't mind my asking, what is the bridge program?  I don't remember receiving any information about it, but I am assuming it's some kind of summer program?  It sounds interesting.

wildcataz2004

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 11:37:25 PM »
If you don't mind my asking, what is the bridge program?  I don't remember receiving any information about it, but I am assuming it's some kind of summer program?  It sounds interesting.

Here's the info from the Arizona site:

The Gonzales-Villarreal BRIDGE Program is an optional eight day  pre-entry support program founded by Tucson attorney Richard  J. Gonzales and Judge Stephen C. Villarreal and supported by  the Arizona Minority Bar Association. The program introduces  students to the University, the College of Law and its facilities,  new learning skills, course material, and professionals from  the legal community.

I think it starts August 1st, then there's one day off, then orientation starts