Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: It's final, I'm headed to Samford  (Read 8897 times)

sarendipity

• Sr. Citizen
  • My law school roommate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - froggerlaw
    • View Profile
Re: It's final, I'm headed to Samford
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2005, 10:23:37 AM »
Heidi IS wonderful...she is about our age so I think she understands how we feel and what is important to us. I thought I loved the Oaks but they are really really snotty!! I was very turned off by the office staff. However, I put down a deposit at Wildwood Crossings which is just down the street from Oaks and actually the floorplans are identical from what I can tell. Their 1br is bigger than the oaks and costs about 670. It felt very homey, gated community and beautiful spacious apts with 9 foot ceilings, crown moulding, and neutral wallpaper in the kitchen and bath (made it seem less like an apt and more like home to me). Its 2 miles from school, only one turn off of lakeshore. It's funny how different it is compared to the Oaks when they are owned/managed by the same company. There is a new prop by the same company being built called Lakeshore Ridge or something like that that will be alittle more pricey than the oaks even, will have plenty of openings but I was really just in love with WC.     hth
"Remember what I said about finding a meaningful life . . . Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning . . . You notice there's nothing in there about a salary."   ~ Morrie Schwartz

sarendipity

• Sr. Citizen
  • My law school roommate
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2005, 01:53:21 PM »
Hey! When you guys look at the portal and your most current billing statement...what does it say? mine says -150...I don't know if that means I owe them, or thats something I already paid. I sent in the deposit on time of course. Thanks for the info.
"Remember what I said about finding a meaningful life . . . Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning . . . You notice there's nothing in there about a salary."   ~ Morrie Schwartz

dustoffdax

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life is Bueno!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2005, 07:13:23 PM »
Where is this port-thingy?

sarendipity

• Sr. Citizen
  • My law school roommate
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2005, 11:31:10 AM »
if you go just to samford.edu there is a link there that says log into portal. Thats the easiest way. I can't remember the other URL for it. :)

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2005, 01:10:14 PM »
portal.samford.edu

i have the same weird balance! i dont know what that means!

So I decided on the Crowne at Overton.  It is located in Cahaba Heights   next to the summit (the big shopping/restaurant development).  If any of you are thinking of living there, I have pictures of the apartment that I can email you. 
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

dustoffdax

• Sr. Citizen
  • Life is Bueno!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2005, 12:29:20 PM »
Thanks for the portal link.
Samantha, my wife, is interviewing for a couple of jobs in B-ham today, so hopefully she will get to check out some places to live before flying back to Austin. I'll fill ya'll in if she runs across anything good. :)

davidatfsu

• AOL Instant Messenger - davidsLawyer
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2005, 04:30:54 PM »
I've already contacted Dax and been PMing Sara, but I wanted to let AuburnChick and blondielaw (and anyone else Samford-bound) that I'll be there with you guys in the fall. I'm going to check out apartments not this weekend but the next. Heidi has been helpful so far. Dax and Sara mentioned a pre-orientation party. Sounds exciting! I'm in a wedding the weekend before orientation, so hopefully I'll be able to attend. It'd be great to at least know a few faces before we start the hardest year of our education. Talking to some future classmates gets me itchin' to get out of Tallahassee and move to beautiful Birmingham. I frequently refer to it as the Ham around here. I think it makes for a good nickname.

By the way, Coldplay is going to be in Birmingham on Friday, Sep 16th. I don't know if you guys are into them or can imagine doing anything but studying at that point, but I'm definitely going. It's the weekend, and it's just one night. Tickets go on sale June 4th if you're interested in going.  8)

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2005, 05:28:49 AM »
yay david!! So glad you are joining us at samford!!
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

blondielaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
Hi all, hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!  A pre-orientation party would be great, I can't wait to officially meet everyone!
So now that I've figured out where I'm going to live (Woodmere Creek), my next task is to figure out how I'm going to get all my stuff down to birmingham...  I'm coming from about 6.5 hours away, with lots of furniture, so I'm probably going to have to go the Uhaul route. 
It would be great to get together and try to explore the city before orientation starts as well!
David- have you had any takers on the Coldplay concert yet?  I'm definitely interested... is this a general admission show or no?

crashlandingau

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2005, 01:42:54 PM »
I will be heading to B'ham later this week to look for an apartment  :) I can't believe it's almost June already  :-\ ...
David, congrats on choosing Samford!!
There's nothing to worry about, until there's something to worry about