Law School Discussion

Dealing with Multiple WL?

Dealing with Multiple WL?
« on: March 29, 2005, 07:23:12 AM »
So...now that is has become obvious that many of us will most likely not know where we are going until the summer, I am curious, Are many of you going to stay on multiple waitlists? I guess I am asking because let's say you get into pretty good school (off the WL) and then at the last minute you get into your dream school (I can dream right?)...is it really crappy to drop the initial school for the dream school? I am trying to decide whether I should withdraw from a couple of these schools? Any thoughts? Is there WL Etiquette or is it everyone for themselves at that point?

Re: Dealing with Multiple WL?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 07:46:03 AM »
Here's my .02...
I'm not sure what the waitlist etiquette is but I think you should stay on a waitlist unless you are absolutely sure that you do not want to attend that school.  Similarly, many students place their first deposits with several schools because they are still waiting to hear back from other schools where they may be def or wl.  Only withdraw if you know that you won't go there no matter what happens with your wl status.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 07:52:39 AM »
Since the odds of getting off a WL vary per school, I plan on focusing my energy on schools I
1) really want to attend
2) have a realistic chance of getting off the WL

that being said, I'll be withdrawing apps from 2 of my WL's within the week. I just don't have the time/desire to wallow in WL Hell

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 07:57:27 AM »
Good luck with the rest of your WL's?

if you dont mind me asking, what schools are you withdrawing your WL from?

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 08:09:58 AM »
Georgia Lax,
Not sure if you are asking me but here is what I am thinking at this point...
Going to admitted students day at NYLS and Hofstra and eliminate one of them...
As for WL, not sure yet but here is what I am thinking...

Brooklyn- Prob. Withdraw they said that their class is really competitive and most likely
          be considered PT and that is not an option for me...ready to get school done for good
St. John's- Prob. stay on and see what happens
Seton Hall- If I get WL from Rutgers then I will withdraw from Seton Hall, I would rather go
          here because of their Global Legal Studies program
Cardozo- Likely Withdraw. Ask to be considered for May so should hear rather soon either way.

So this is most likely what will happen but not going to firm up and decisions until I go to admitted students days next week. Hope this is what you were asking for! Good Luck on all your apps!

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 10:01:09 AM »
MSUDUster, what are your plans? where are you withdrawing