Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's the deal with UNC??  (Read 1074 times)

heyitcouldbeworse

• View Profile
    • Email
What's the deal with UNC??
« on: March 29, 2005, 02:40:38 AM »
OK, these people had said they'd have everything done by april 1.  Tommorrow is the 29th and it looks like they've only accepted 35 and have over 130+ pending .  How are they going to make all these deicisons so quickly?  Are they going to just go past they're deadline???
3.66, 164, non-URM
IN @ Tulane, Vandy, Oregon
WL@ wash and lee, bill and meg,Emory, WUSTL, BC
Going to TULANE (90% sure)

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: What's the deal with UNC??
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 09:32:28 AM »
I called yesterday and (I know this is different from what others have been told) they told me that all decisions would be dated April 1st and they would give decisions over the phone on Friday.

HTH.
Going to William & Mary!

Dana4evr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 12:04:11 PM »
WTF.  Are you joking? So, you can call and get your decision on Friday and pretty much have to tell them on the spot??  They really need to get their *&^% together.

I remember you said that you met with the dean and he said April 15th for new acceptances.  Is that not the case anymore as you can see?
161/3.94 GPA
Attending (pending waitlists):UF
Wait: Vandy, Duke, Emory, UNC

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 12:06:28 PM »
WTF.  Are you joking? So, you can call and get your decision on Friday and pretty much have to tell them on the spot??  They really need to get their sh*t together.

I remember you said that you met with the dean and he said April 15th for new acceptances.  Is that not the case anymore as you can see?
Right, so as far as I can tell this is just one big clusterf*ck. If you say that we can call friday, then that's what I'm gonna try. Let's hope it works..Good luck everyone
LSAT 159 GPA: 3.825

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 12:53:20 PM »
I was thinking about not calling, b/c I don't care one way or the other at this point.  But on second thought, I realized that they've had my application since the end of September.  I didn't get a formal complete notice until mid November, but they requested my report in early October.  I think I'm more than entitled to my decision at this point, so I'm gonna be on the phone Friday morning like all you guys.

I also hope I get my reject/WL from UVA.  It's sad that I'm only seeking these last decisions so I can "complete" my LSN profile.

birdysails

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 01:23:13 PM »
I was thinking about not calling, b/c I don't care one way or the other at this point.  But on second thought, I realized that they've had my application since the end of September.  I didn't get a formal complete notice until mid November, but they requested my report in early October.  I think I'm more than entitled to my decision at this point, so I'm gonna be on the phone Friday morning like all you guys.

I also hope I get my reject/WL from UVA.  It's sad that I'm only seeking these last decisions so I can "complete" my LSN profile.

Jacy, are you going to Emory's admit day on the 9th?
Going to William & Mary!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 01:29:47 PM »
No.  I thought about it, and my bf offered to help me pay for it, but I really see no reason to go.  The only thing that I'd get out of it is meeting other accepted students.  I don't think I'd get too much more than what I got on my tour by talking to a prof and career services, as well as meeting up with desi/eva.

And I can't justify the cost to meet people I'll likely be meeting at the end of August anyway. :-\

Dana4evr

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 03:11:18 PM »
OK, these people had said they'd have everything done by april 1. Tommorrow is the 29th and it looks like they've only accepted 35 and have over 130+ pending . How are they going to make all these deicisons so quickly? Are they going to just go past they're deadline???

So are those numbers the real deal, or just from LSN?
161/3.94 GPA
Attending (pending waitlists):UF
Wait: Vandy, Duke, Emory, UNC

heyitcouldbeworse

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2005, 06:10:04 PM »
no, those are the #s from LSN...based on this whole deal, I think I'd have a hard time "making the case for carolina law," though it might be fun to get into one of john edwards classes and try to bust his balls about losing...OK, not that I'd really have the nerve to, but I WOULD sit and think about doing it a lot....
3.66, 164, non-URM
IN @ Tulane, Vandy, Oregon
WL@ wash and lee, bill and meg,Emory, WUSTL, BC
Going to TULANE (90% sure)

cologirl73

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 10:39:28 AM »
I called yesterday and (I know this is different from what others have been told) they told me that all decisions would be dated April 1st and they would give decisions over the phone on Friday.

HTH.

Is everyone going to be called, or only admits?  I had heard that those admitted late (after April 1) would have until April 15th to pay the deposit...