Law School Discussion

Waitlisted at Boalt..

• 3.9/165
    • View Profile
Waitlisted at Boalt..
« on: March 28, 2005, 09:56:10 PM »
I called today and asked if they made a decision and she said "Yes, kind of...You are waitlisted"..Which basically means its an eventual ding but i am SO suprised that I did not get outright rejected from Boalt and it gives me satisfaction that they held onto my file so long that it must have passed some preliminary reviews...
is it true they didnt take anything off their waitlist last year?

inlove

Re: Waitlisted at Boalt..
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 04:03:40 PM »
i called today and was told the exact same thing...
im really happy,  i feel very optimistic  :)

...BUT i did hear that last year nobody got off the waitlist...

lil_token

Re: Waitlisted at Boalt..
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 04:28:01 PM »
Hang in there guys!  Just because no one was taken off the list last year, doesn't mean the trend will continue into this cycle.  Perhaps last year, there was an unusually high number of deferrals from the preceding admissions cycle and the matriculation rate was higher than usual. 

There is no reason to expect the matriculation rate to go down this year with the new Dean from Harvard, plans for a new building, and a rise in the rankings (for those who deem such things as critically important).  However, there may not be as many deferrals, so some spots may open up. 

The bad thing for waitlisters at Boalt is that our school doesn't require seat deposits and admits aren't required to make up their minds about attending until late into June.  So those who are waiting may wait for a while.

Don't give up on the dream!  Visit, send letters of continued interest, additional recs, etc.!