Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cal Day - Boalt Hall  (Read 957 times)

erdosaen

• View Profile
Cal Day - Boalt Hall
« on: March 29, 2005, 12:42:09 AM »

Anybody going to Admitted Students' Day at Boalt on Friday?

thisis1984

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Cal Day - Boalt Hall
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 12:51:01 AM »
can't make it :(

waaa!!!

Pezevenk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 01:14:17 AM »
i am looking forward to it since i have visited the campus but not the law school yet. i have to wake up early to make it for the davis-berkeley bus shuttle, but its worth the savings in gas.

thisis1984

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 02:38:42 AM »
i am looking forward to it since i have visited the campus but not the law school yet. i have to wake up early to make it for the davis-berkeley bus shuttle, but its worth the savings in gas.

They pay for you don't they?

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
For those of you going: You'll love it! They open up the entire campus to visitors, and there are people walking all around with Cal paraphanelia. Most food places have some Cal day special (Fat Slice pizza slices have gone for 99 cents in the past), all the vendors are out on Telegraph avenue, and the whole place is buzzing.

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 11:09:09 AM »
Just to be sure, Boalt admitted students day (April 1, this friday) and "Cal day" where they open the whole campus up for visitors (April 16th) are 2 different events. I sure as hell would not want to go visit that place with 20,000 other people doing the same.... !!!

See you on Friday...

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 11:32:09 AM »
Just to be sure, Boalt admitted students day (April 1, this friday) and "Cal day" where they open the whole campus up for visitors (April 16th) are 2 different events. I sure as hell would not want to go visit that place with 20,000 other people doing the same.... !!!

See you on Friday...

Whooops. Nevermind. In my defense, it would always coincide with midterms, so I was always just fuzzily aware of massive amounts of people sometime in April as I emerged from the basement computer lab. My mistake.

thisis1984

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 07:08:37 PM »
For those of you going: You'll love it! They open up the entire campus to visitors, and there are people walking all around with Cal paraphanelia. Most food places have some Cal day special (Fat Slice pizza slices have gone for 99 cents in the past), all the vendors are out on Telegraph avenue, and the whole place is buzzing.

waaaaa!!! Think of me when you're there basking in the sun

Are there any other reception-like events prior to the start of the semester?  Like a welcome reception in August?

NYBound05

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2005, 03:26:05 AM »
I'll be there! 

Is anyone on here considering doing any of the LSAD events?  They have a ton of really cool events planned beginning Thursday.  I'll definitely make some, but not all (there's a lot).

miguel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2005, 04:02:16 PM »
Where do you see what events are planned? I only saw what Ed Tom sent in the email about things kicking off with a breakfast on riday morning in the courtyard...